Help! Massive loosing streak

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by kogi, Dec 18, 2013.

1. kogi

kogi Ogre

ioRZFu5l.png

Edhil
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior
    Bejeweled Shortsword
    Blazing Shortsword
    Lochaber Axe
    Solid Mail
    Slippery Shield
    Weakling's Helm
    Sticky Slippers
    Solid Rock
    Angry Attacker
    1 x Wild Run
    3 x Vicious Thrust
    1 x Bruiser
    3 x Fiery Stab
    1 x Wimpy
    3 x Nimble Strike
    1 x Toughness
    1 x All Out Attack
    1 x Powerful Bludgeon
    1 x Unreliable Block
    3 x Immovable
    1 x Weak Chop
    1 x Impaler
    1 x Clumsy Chop
    1 x Combustible
    1 x Parry
    3 x Powerful Hack
    1 x Mail
    3 x Hard To Pin Down
    1 x Stab
    3 x Hardy Mail
    1 x Reliable Mail

Dresden
    Level 6 Human Wizard
    Staff Of Blazing Sparks
    Trembling Staff
    Runestone
    Locket Of The Gale
    Locket Of The Gale
    Axander's Twisted Circlet
    Robe Of Lightness
    Greenguard Boots
    Perfect Command
    Electroporter Novice
    2 x Ember Spray
    2 x Flash Of Pain
    1 x Wall Of Fire
    2 x Volcano
    3 x Mighty Spark
    2 x Short Perplexing Ray
    2 x Flame Jet
    1 x Big Zap
    1 x Flanking Move
    1 x Dimensional Traveller
    1 x Combustible
    2 x Vulnerable
    1 x Teleport Self
    1 x Dash, Team!
    5 x Winds Of War
    1 x Spark Generator
    1 x Spark Inductor
    2 x Hover
    1 x Hard To Pin Down
    2 x Squeamish
    1 x Run, Team!
    1 x Cloth Armor

Azulrinn
    Level 10 Dwarf Priest
    Nimbus Blade
    Whiteglow Flail
    Unholy Nimbus
    Shield Of The Frog
    Marshall's Boots
    Incense Of Roiled Air
    Shuddering Relic
    Shuddering Relic
    Raging Battler
    Advanced Cleansing
    1 x Polearm Slash
    1 x Martyr Blessing
    2 x Blind Rage
    1 x Fiery Stab
    3 x Mass Frenzy
    1 x Reliable Mail
    2 x Nimble Strike
    1 x Team Shift
    1 x Shimmering Aura
    3 x Unholy Frenzy
    1 x Dash
    2 x Vulnerable
    1 x Holy Presence
    3 x Impenetrable Nimbus
    1 x Purge
    2 x Jump Back
    1 x Healing Rays
    1 x Strong Bash
    2 x Enervating Touch
    1 x Boosted Heal
    1 x Hard To Pin Down
    2 x Inspiration
    1 x Lunging Thrust
    1 x Barge

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Bad luck, fatigue, etc... just don't go on tilt and forget to register your build for the peasant tournament!

3. Hi Kogi, what comps are you running into? What items do you have access to?

Warrior:

I'd start by tweaking the following items on your warrior: Solid Mail, Weakling's Helm, Angry Attacker. The reason I would do this is because generally armor that doesn't offer more than minimal reduction will not allow you to be competitive against the types of comps that are probably beating you.

I'd run a no-token helm that gives you a better play for your team: either tough leather cap, (has an AoA + a dash) for 1 blue token, or a no-token helm with the orange ability that lets you draw a card when an opponent targets you.

As to armor, go with something with shimmer on it, or if it has the armor that adds +1 to your armor rolls.

Trait - get one with 2 traits and penetrating strike (I can't look in-game doing this all from memory, so sorry in advance).

Also, since you are already running solid rock, swap out your boots for Rhood's boots if you have them, or something else (anything with team move or enervating move too), or swap out solid rock for 2 toughness.

Wizard:

Ditch the staff of blazing sparks. It isn't very useful. Your comp's synergy will probably work better if you go something with frost on it, even a chillwood staff if you still want to nuke. I suggest staff of winter, or chillwood, or a good epic or legendary with frost/fire on them.

I am not a fan of axander's circlet, I'd swap it out for an arcade's if you have it (2 spray/1ww). But keep in mind, you don't have to adhere to the card cycling cheesiness since you aren't running 3 wizards in tandem. I'd focus more on control, and forced enemy placement (WWE, Frost, WoW and or walls) + and 1 counter caster item (2 counterspells/1 illusion wall or the epic 18 chalice with cone of cold, the 6 range forgetfulness and counterspell).

Priest:

Lose the marshall's boots and go for something with a team move, not shift on it, or go slippery shoes, or no token boots. Also, take one less shuddering relic for something more useful (something with divine nimbus). Change your divine skill to one with altruism that's no token (2 altruism, one minor heal). I also don't think a nimbus blade is worth the gold token, I think that token is better used in the racial slot, or on a very solid divine item.

Good luck

kogi and Flaxative like this.
  4. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

What's the strategy behind this deck? Nimbus the Warrior, then send him into the enemy ranks? So what do you need the control Wizard for? He has tons of Winds of War, but just one Firewall to move enemies into. Your Warrior mainly stacks Nimble Strikes, so you don't need WoW that much to move enemies to him.

Individually, you stack some good items, but I just don't see how these PCs work together.

5. YoYoTheAssyrian

YoYoTheAssyrian Mushroom Warrior

As Martin K said your biggest problem is a lack of synergy. As far as I can tell you want your warrior to be a rock that's hard to damage and impossible to place or move, but both your wizard and your cleric lack that same sort of focus. I bet the biggest problem for you is that instead of acting in concert to create a united strategy your characters are off doing their own things, trying to be effective, but ultimately getting picked off one by one.

Take your warrior for example, if you really want to get behind the rock strategy, you're going to have to do something other than nimbus to deal with the massive damage other decks can put out. Armor will not save you (certain exceptions apply, I'm not saying it's not useful ) and often takes up space that could be used in bashing the enemy back Used judiciously nimbus is game changer, but it's very hard to make a deck that spams a bunch of nimbus and can still deal with the enemy, often it just delays the inevitable. Another thing I noticed is that you're incorporating both range 2 and range 1 melee attacks, I've found it's best to just go one or the other for each character, now I haven't played dwarves since the halloween maps, so maybe i'm mis-remembering just how useful those stabs are with movement 2, but it creates a conflict of interest in the character than often leads to cards not being played. My suggestions would be to dump a lot of the items that in any way conflict with making him what you want him to be, trying to do a bit of everything will ultimately lead to doing nothing. So if you want a rock, build a rock, shield is awesome for that, but you need the dwarf skill with two toughness if you have it. I would also try to fit a good armor item him, arrogant armor might be interesting, but with conflict with all your diverse priest buffs, so use your own discretion. Sharp Bashing is the name of the two triat warrior kill item that requires no token, I use it a lot mainly because building a warrior around their class cards is underpowered and really pointless in the case of bash, but hey sometimes you get bruiser and powerful bash off, which is nice. Weakling's Helm is decent for a rock build, but really comes back to bite you with all of your relatively low damage attacks (pre-frenzy) but even then, weakling will make the difference between 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 attacks required to kill a character, making people sit still while you apply damage is one of the hardest things in Cardhunter, no need to make it more difficult, unless you don't care how much damage your warrior is putting out and rely on other characters for damage. Personally I wouldn't waste a token on sticky slippers, but two immovables is nice and wild run is good unless it makes you discard something good. But your warrior needs a consistent theme.

I'll focus on your priest next, he's a real grab bag ain't he? Obviously you want to boost your warrior with frenzies, but other than that I can't tell. Is he front line? because his damage potential is real low for that, obviously you don't like heals much, a more consistent focus on frenzies and heals would really complement a rock-type warrior (assuming that's what you're trying to do). Get rid of jump back, it's too easily manipulated by you enemy, just get on his side and your attack will still connect, go either with dodge or more hard to pin downs. If you don't have the items for that, items with 4+ block anys are fine, or maybe the one with 3 shuddering blocks (3+ block any take 2 dmg) As built I see you priest hanging right on the edge of the melee trying to help the warrior with buffs and frenzy and trying to get in attacks of opportunity with his limited pool. Marshalls boots also don't really add much to your build for the token cost. But basically instead of trying to create a jack of all trades priest, really dig down one of the those lanes. Either he's total warrior support, in which case more heals, either he's right in the melee with your warrior tossing around the occasional nimbus, in which case his damage potential should be a lot higher so he doesn't get just murdered. Or you want to build a vampire priest, which means frenzys and cantrip heals.

As for you wizard he seems to be your own take on the control wizard build. He's got lots of wins of war, but that won't affect the warrior since you like immovable so much. Maybe just go pure frost instead? There's not much to say about the wizard really, we all know what build will be most effective here, but your biggest problem is probably the staff of blazing sparks. Flash of pain is interesting, but not that damaging, volcano is pretty situational, or rather requires bigger focus from your deck in its entirety, mighty spark is all around good but there are probably better ways of getting it into your deck. Your second problem will getting your WoW to synchronize, since it can't target himself or the warrior, that leaves your friendly targets limited to your priests, useful but not optimal. and since WoW is used mainly to throw enemies away from your party (not saying you can't use WoW to suck them in), it makes it harder to get your priest and warrior on top of them.

Let us know what you decide to change!

Martin K likes this.