Hard Hunter Tabletop Version

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Shoe, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Shoe

Shoe Mushroom Warrior

Out of curiosity, are there any designs to make a tabletop version of this?!?! I would LOVE to buy that product!

2. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

There are some kinks which might make a tabletop version difficult. For example, Duck vs AoE attacks can make copies of a card; AoE burning cards can attach to multiple characters at once; some cards have a gameplay affect without revealing themselves (Leather Harness, Massive Chop, Officer's Harness - such cards would have to rely on player honesty, or memory + careful observation of discards); working out line-of-sight accurately and often would probably be cumbersome. -- That's all I can think of at the moment.

It seems to me that the biggest problem is the card-copying effect. That could be overcome with spare cards, or just by writing on a piece of paper to create a temporary card, but it that would be slightly less cool. :p

3. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Also hidden versus relieved cards, the concept of items containing cards, random placement etc. There are some concepts that you can do well in a digital format that are hard to translate to physical copies. Not that it can't be done, but it likely won't feel as seamless.

4. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

And I'd be very impressed with any pair who could play a full match on tabletop without screwing up a rule.

5. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

Having 6 different decks at the table plus 3 piles of race-specific movement cards would make it pretty unwieldy, but Blu Manchu should release some printable versions of the various characters and monsters just for fun.

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Hard Hunter, is that the x-rated version?

(I had to go there)

7. Shoe

Shoe Mushroom Warrior

well, you wouldnt have to port over EVERYTHING, but I would kill to get a slightly less component intense paper version of this game. It would be INSANELY cool/fun.

I'd kickstart it!