[GUIDE] Tourist's Guide to CardHuntria

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Jun 8, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Given the influx of new players, I wanted to put together a n00b's tourist's guide to CardHuntria which we can throw at new players instead of repeating things over and over. This is a work in progress. Contributions from the community will be merged inline (with credit to the author).

Outline of suggested content below:

========================================================

The Tourist's Guide to CardHuntria

Welcome To CardHuntria!
    - Campaign Tutorial
    - MP / Starter Pack
    - Shops
    - Leagues

Preparing For Your Vacation
    - Wiki
    - Where to Learn the Rules
    - In Case You Get Stuck

Diversions And Amusements
    - Custom Scenarios
    - Forum
    - Nudie Run
    - Peasant
    - Loot Fairy

For The Serious Adventurer
    - Farming
    - Collection Utilities
    - Quests

What To Do With Pizza
    - Figures
    - Bundles ($$)
    - Treasure Hunts
    - Club
    - Gold
    - Chests

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

-- reserved for content --

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

7. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'd move the bundle section to the Welcome part, since it's mostly for people just starting. Also, make sure something in the first part explains shop prices and why you shouldn't sell things.

Sir Veza and neoncat like this.
  9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

So, um, I realized I should really be fixing up code rather than churning out plaintext, so help over here would be vastly appreciated. ^_^

10. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

On your left you'll see the blasted remains of Aloysius' 27th tower, notable due to its destruction in a kitchen fire rather than a demonic invasion. The reckless owner has endeared himself to many Cardhuntrians through his unrelenting creation of newer and better disasters for adventurers to stave off — but don't worry! I'm sure he turned over a new leaf before he crafted this flying machine for us.

We're going to bank sharply here, so keep a hand on the Vibrant Pain safety handles fastened above each seat. And because I get asked this every time, no you can't take yours home! Also don't actually use them as safety handles, they're extremely sharp.

Quick, look below us! On the shoreline you'll see two members of Cardhuntria's most famous races. Confusingly, they're both called Goblins, so listen up as I teach you the correct identification. The one holding the spear is a walking lootsack destined to be slaughtered again and again for our amusement and ambition. The one dressed in exotic merchant robes is a member of a unique culture with a devout belief that their purpose is to sell us mediocre loot between levels 11 to 16.

I know you were all excited about the recently discovered temples and bearsharks, but unfortunately this magic tourism plane takes effort to run. Support Mad Wizard Aviation today by exchanging the pizza in your wallet for a special currency we call "grapes". There are significant discounts included in the "bunch" and "wine bottle" options, and ----

RRRURUMRMBMBBLRRRER CRACK
    WHO HAS SUMMONED THE WRYTE BA'RUTHER, LORD OF THE UPSIDE DOWN ABYSS AND EATER OF MANY BIRDS? I SHALL PUNISH YOU ALL BY CONSTRUCTING A PORTAL WITH BUT ONE VICTORY SQUARE AND SITTING ON IT FOREVER! MWAHAHAHAHA!

wavy, Kalin, Flaxative and 2 others like this.