Guide: Decks based on a theme - suggest and I will create

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Pilgrim Bailey, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Hi all. I've decided that I enjoy making random thematic builds based on ideas like:
    So with that said, and based on the fact that there is an ice-storm, I should have a ton of free time to create more thematic builds if anyone is interested.

Simply post here, suggest a theme like "High-armor, low-mobility" and I will use the items I have available to generate a suggested build for you, and I will post here, replete with a humorous picture if you like.

I will do my best to make the build be ladder viable at the 1500 rating range.

*Queue*
    • Traveling Curse Deck - Hock Faraday
    • Benihana- Susurrus in Gloaming
    • Maximum Rage - Kalin

2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

"Bad idea to atack me deck"

a spiked mail deck? where it hurts for then to hit you. think its possible? some ducks for the fun??

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  3. Hedgehog Heroes

Spikes. Armor. Martyr blessings. Shields that even have spiky designs and are effective. Oh, and you are very resilient, have tons of armor, and really can frustrate people because there's no weak link in your mobile hedgehog team. Better duck those casters.

[​IMG]

All Out Diplomacy
    Level 20 Dwarf Warrior

Civilized Blessing
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

For E-Chicks
    Level 19 Dwarf Priest

tuknir likes this.
  4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

5. Hock Faraday

Hock Faraday Orc Soldier

"My main win condition is you drawing Traveling Curse."

6. I'm game to make a build with bf trainings to get some funny scenarios if you like, although the giving enemies cards situations aren't possible :(

I'll make one of these, not sure if I can accomplish the main win condition aspect, but I can certainly make one that will be funny.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

8. Two words: Bash Wizards

Doesn´t has to be 3 Wiz party just that the highlight of the team are really bash heavy wizards or with mostly short ranged spells like cones and jets

9. I originally went with icy blocks but subbed in the generic shield strictly for aesthetics, I can post a variation if you like.

I'm not sure this would be possible or effective, at least not with my items. I generally sell bad wizard items. If I can make it happen I will.

10. "BENIHANA"

This one falls under the humor category: 2 Wizards with Wall Of Fire and Volcano serve up victims via Winds Of War to a warrior "chef" who is equipped with chop attacks (I have 2x Master's Battleaxe). I do not know how to make him catch shrimp in his hat, but I'll leave that up to you.

Flaxative likes this.
  11. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I was going to suggest Melee Wizards but I'll go one step further - nimble strike Wizards. My one try at that failed spectacularly. DO ME PROUD PILGRIM

12. There are only a few ways that I know of to make this happen. Using ironwood staves for both staves, having a ton of card cycling, and either using inspiration to mass draw them, OR having a nimble strike character with the ability to feed the wizard nimble strikes (BF training). I'll do builds for things that people suggested that are possible, and if I can make it I'll post.

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

14. Maximum Rage

[​IMG]

All Out Diplomacy
    Level 20 Dwarf Warrior

Civilized Blessing
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Dull Pleasure
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

15. Benihana

[​IMG]

Chef Hotchops
    Level 20 Human Warrior
    3 x Fiery Stab
    2 x Slicer
    1 x Dodge
    1 x Icy Block
    1 x Immovable
    1 x Weak Chop
    1 x Stab
    1 x Run

Well Done
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard
    1 x Fright
    1 x Toughness
    2 x Squeamish
    1 x Frost Jolt
    1 x Immovable
    2 x Volcano
    1 x Acid Jet
    1 x Big Zap

Smoker
    Level 7 Dwarf Wizard
    1 x Hot Spot
    1 x Parry
    1 x Shuffle
    1 x Acid Jet
    1 x Whirlwind
    1 x Fright
    1 x Toughness
    2 x Squeamish
    1 x Frost Jolt
    1 x Volcano
    1 x Immovable
    1 x Firestorm
    2 x Flame Jet
    1 x Team Run
    2 x Vulnerable

16. neoncat likes this.
  17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Your "Maximum Rage" is nowhere near maximum. No Oversized Pick, for one thing.

18. My objective was to make a non-bad build that incorporates elements of the themes and can still win games past 1200.

ElShafto likes this.
  19. Excedrin

Excedrin Kobold

I'd like to see an agility/mobility themed team, but without any step attacks, as in, Quick Run with Powerful Hack for the "roll your own" Dancing Cut. Include stuff like Acrobatic Flip, Reflexive Teleport, obviously Hard to Pin, Jump Back, Dodge, etc. Possibly include Barge, Violent Spin, Muscle Through. Maybe if there's a wizard it should focus on removing mobility from the opposing team, but with terrain (acid, spikes) instead of cold. Maybe a 2 warrior 1 wiz build, or 1/1/1, I'm not sure.

20. I'll do that and upload one. It'll feature little to no step attacks.

Geo-monkey Cleave:

Smoker
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

All Out Diplomacy
    Level 20 Dwarf Warrior

Civilized Blessing
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest