Gary plays Delegate on ennemies

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Fanturluche, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

When a Flying Monkey controlled by the AI Ducks a Delegate card, it sometimes send it back to its ennemies.
    20161110154030_1.jpg

ParodyKnaveBob and Potato Priest like this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Hilarious, but why would you ever Delegate the Flying Monkey in the first place?

Potato Priest likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Potato Priest likes this.
  4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

But, Delegate is Assist, and we see how that turned out. $E^ J

5. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

It's the only block-triggering card you have other than a single attack, and you're desperate to kill the monkey in that specific round (say, it's on the VP with one star left to go).
    You already know it has a Duck in hand, so you decide to gamble on the delegate eating it, instead of using your one single killshot attack on it first, deciding that it's better to take the risk and rely on the monkey getting poor draws even if the block does fail to catch it.

Similarly, the AI could be 2-3 stars away from winning, and your warrior could be one attack away from death themselves, so you feel giving the monkey card draw is a better gamble than risking getting killed by your own attack,

Seems a pretty reasonable thought process to me (assuming you like to take crazy gambles), albeit rather niche in necessary circumstances.

Then, of course, there's the fact that if you don't delegate those monkeys, who will?
    Really, Scarponi, think things through. :rolleyes:

6. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Not entirely related, but on one of my Centurion Challenge attempts Gary kept healing me with Misguided Heal, never used it on his party. Probably working as intended, as I can see the AI killing itself with it while low on hp.

Winds Of War was used randomly, sometimes moving my characters but more often sliding his next to mine.