Game Questions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kvothe_Rocks!, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Kvothe_Rocks!

Kvothe_Rocks! Kobold

First off apologies if these have already been answered elsewhere...

a. Are the cards the players acquire persistent across all games? For instance, if I was level 2 and received a wondrous card could I still be using that card when i was level 10?
    b. Are there the standard loot ranges for the cards i.e. common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary etc.? I am somewhat comparing this to an mmo in the hopes that there are unique persistent quest rewards bound to the account.
    c. Will there be anything else other than cards that can be acquired as a quest reward? I.e. vanity 'figures' or titles etc.?
    d. An even sillier question but can the player character 'figures' change based on level or anything else?

I know these questions are probably too early to ask about or have been covered already but this bides my time waiting patiently for the game or any news of the game!

2. Thardin

Thardin Kobold

@Welcome thread

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yes, cards are a persistent part of your collection. There won't be any level restrictions on using them (at least we haven't designed any in yet).

Yes and no. I know that's a bit mysterious, but I'll be explaining this in a lot more detail in the future.

Yes, there will be other rewards. Admittedly, we haven't got to that part of the game yet, but we're certainly planning them.

No, they don't change based on level.

4. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I demand new hats as a reward / incentive! :p

5. Kvothe_Rocks!

Kvothe_Rocks! Kobold

I eagerly await the everpresent forthcoming details!

I can do mysterious all day long! Its all part of the waiting game when waiting on something you are looking forward to...

You certainly know how to keep peoples interests piqued! And thank you for that!

It didn't really make sense that it would. I was just wondering. Many many years ago I submitted an 'idea' to Steve Jackson games about the concept of software that could be used to make cardboard or heavy paper cut-outs for gamer's home pcs and printers. The idea was that the gamers could modify their character templates and then print them out on heavy paper (chits) for their fantasy games so as the character progressed so could their chits... But it never went anywhere.

Thank you for the responses Jon!