[Fun] spread of CH figures

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Mar 27, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Jarmo likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm getting a lot of broken image links on the page.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Same.

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

The page merely generates all image urls in the form "RaceClassGNA.png", for N = 01 to 09. Some of those don't exist right now, which is why you have the broken links.

(There's no way to look at all the figures besides this brute-force check-every-url because Figures.csv isn't a complete manifest.)

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You could generate the page using PHP and use file_exists() to check whether the image file is there before attempting to display it. :)

neoncat likes this.
  6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

This was a 5-minute impulse doodle, so I probably won't expend effort in polishing it. :p

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

What? A cat getting lazy? Why that's ... *yawn* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

neoncat likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Fair enough. Also, just ran into a slight hurdle trying to see if I could write a 1-minute patch to your code because the Card Hunter server returns a special kind of error page when a file isn't found—it's not a standard 404 but some XML page with some spiel about access denied, and I couldn't be bothered to spend a second minute tweaking my conditionals.

Cats 4eva zz

9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

*mrrrrrr* Okay, since it bothered y'all so much, I implemented a one-line fix. (Images hide themselves if they fail to load.)

Jarmo, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  10. Driim

Driim Kobold

Thanks for this.

I've been wanting to make a paper version or couple, and this made it possible. Shame that there were no backsides though, but a mirrored backside works.

11. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v2:
    - added secondary page which shows all color variations

12. Rantrah

Rantrah Kobold

Anyone know if we'll ever be able to pick a preferred color variation? I think I Would buy more figures if I could choose some of the other color variations. They look pretty awesome.

13. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Color variation is determined based on the position of the character in your party. (I think...)

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Pretty sure it is based on position in party but only if you have another character in your party with the same figure.

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You need several copies of the same figure in your party to see more than one colour. The first one is always the basic colour, no matter what party position it is in.

16. Rantrah

Rantrah Kobold

That's kind of what I figured, but I just think it would be cool to be able to choose the color, with the restriction of not allowing multiple figures with the same color in the same party. I don't (at the moment) frequently use full parties of the same figure.

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

18. Magi

Magi Kobold

Hi Neoncat,
    I like the figures very much. Going to use the dwarf priest as my avatar.
    Best,
    M.

19. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Somebody who bought that figure should probably test if it works when you have 2+ elf warriors in your party.

Pengw1n and Flaxative like this.
  20. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I can confirm that the red version of the elf lacks a card bar portrait - but shows up as a figure on the board. You should "bug" that, good catch - and only cost me 20 gold for that full elf warrior party. ;)

Flaxative likes this.