Free Figures for all Beta Pizza Purchases!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Card Hunter Joe, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Hi everyone,

We'd like to do something to thank those of you who have generously bought pizza during the Beta.
    So, we're happy to announce that everyone who has either bought pizza or who buys pizza during Beta will receive the nine costumes offered in the Basic Edition for FREE! If you buy pizza from now until the end of the Beta, the figures will be unlocked in the costume store. If you have previously purchased pizza, we will add the figures to your account after the reset on the 12th of September.
    [​IMG]

If you were wondering about buying the Basic Edition after launch, rest assured that you are better off just using your re-credited beta pizza to buy everything separately. With these free costumes, you can buy the rest of the contents of the Basic Edition for pizza, and enjoy the same or better discount that you would have received had you bought the Basic Edition bundle.

This figure set includes one new figure for every race and class combination, so you can customize your party to your liking!

As ever, thank you everyone for your support as we approach the finish line!

jet800, Spooky2, skip_intro and 14 others like this.
  2. progammer

progammer Ogre

Awesome. It was like a weird situation before where people are like: "I want to throw money at the screen but I have to wait till September 12 arghhh!!!"

Keyser likes this.
  3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

And there was much rejoicing! Huzzah!

Heretiick likes this.
  4. Pogopon

Pogopon Kobold

Yay! Just 8 more days! :)

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Captain Joe to the rescue solving all our concerns for Basic edition in one fell swoop. His mighty strainer hat a true proof of his fine intentions and good nature.

Pengw1n likes this.
  6. AstaSyneri

AstaSyneri Kobold

Excellent incentive. Worked for me! :D

Now I can't wait for the reset, to finally start playing in earnest.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yay!

This is how you get people like me to spend money. I really, really hate paying money (any money at all) for games, and was planning on being a purely free player here too. But I would like to see all the treasure hunts, and the game has given me $10 of enjoyment over the past couple months. But the Basic Edition was tempting me by giving me the treasure hunts plus the opposite genders of all the free figures.

8. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Great!
    10$ worth of awesomeness.

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If we buy pizza now (after this announcement), are the figures supposed to unlock immediately? Because they didn't for me (I got my pizza and already spent it). Waiting a week isn't that big a deal though.

10. Elianto

Elianto Kobold

In the announcement they stated that new pizza buyers will get the free figures right away. Who already got pizza before will get the figures the 12th when the beta ends.

11. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

This is cool guys. I had been curious how previous pizza purchases would work with the basic edition, but not enough to be concerned. This is a generous solution for those in the beta.

Thanks,

12. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ah, sorry, the build which credits you the figures isn't live yet. You'll definitely get them on launch though.

13. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I hope to get a new live build deployed later today (or early tomorrow in the US).

14. doom_

doom_ Kobold

Thanks Jon, its always nice when a company takes care of its early supporters!

15. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

This post made my decision very easy on what to buy and how to spend my money on pizza.

Bought my pizza tonight and had fun spending a bunch of it.
    And now I can -NOT- wait for September 12th!
    You guys are awesome and the game is a blast. :)

16. LightPhoenix

LightPhoenix Orc Soldier

Same. I was going to wait until the 12th to buy the pack, and while I don't have a ton of money I'm definitely going to drop some tonight.

17. Aiven

Aiven Orc Soldier

Good stuff :D

18. Arnifix

Arnifix Kobold

Awesome move, thank you team!

19. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Me too!

I wait ready to pounce!

20. Raynbow

Raynbow Kobold

*facepalm* So, I saw this, uh, just after buying the Basic Edition.