Forums: uploading, searching, links

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kalin, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

1. The last couple days I've been getting errors when I try to upload files:
    [​IMG]

2. The forums won't let you search for 2 letter words like "MP", "SP", or "F1".

3. When you preview a post, links show up as black text instead of blue, making them hard to see.

Farbs likes this.
  2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Can you try #1 again? We haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

Potatus likes this.
  3. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

1. I haven't had any problem uploading pictures (I think they've always been .jpg's) but I haven't tried uploading scenarios.

2. Megadestructo managed to bend the forums to his will when he let us search for three letter words in this thread: https://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/some-issues-with-forum-features.1499/. Maybe he could do this for two letter words as well?

3. I think this has always been the case, I've definitely noticed it before. Slightly inconvenient but they still show up as turquoise in the edit window under the preview.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes, still happening for me.
    Firefox 23.0.1
    AdBlock Plus 2.3.2 (claims it's not blocking anything)

Console says:
    Clicking the link "[object Arguments]" tells me "Error #2038".

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Clearing my cache fixed my upload problem.

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, some forum bugs I've encountered.

Auto logs me off the forum not after inactivity. Is auto-logoff time driven now ?Happening since the latest forum port. If I go to see Members Online Now, I'm still logged in. :confused:
    Clicking 'Edit' throws me a blank box with no text, I had to click 'more options' to see my post. Intermittent.

8. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

I don't see anything that would log you off of the forums automatically after some specific period of time. There's probably and underlying session key timeout, but that seems to take at least a day of inactivity.

On the Edit box problem, are you running Firefox 23.01?

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Clicking the "Forums" button on the CardHunter website will always log you off.

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Yeppers !

erm, no it doesn't ... at least not for me.

11. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I have also been experiencing this recently. A couple of times now when writing either a forum post or a private message it has come back with an error message along the lines of "you must be logged in to do that". Well if I wasn't logged in I couldn't even begin to write the message in the first place!

I'm also getting the blank edit box but it sounds like that is to do with running Firefox 23.0.1 (which I am).

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Hmm.. I tried it some more yesterday, and it didn't log me off. But today it's logging me off again.

So... Only on weekends? Odd-numbered days?:confused:

And since this is a discussion of forum bugs...
    The forums don't automatically nest quotes; the "quote" link copies only the new content of that post. To nest quotes you need to put the cursor inside the quote block and click the "quote" button of the other post.

13. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

I think you may get logged off if you log in on a different machine.

14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

ok, tested this...reproducible and consistent. Login, click on whatever's in my alert box, scroll all the way up and click on whatever's in my alert box again. Forum throws the message "You must be logged-in to do that." I click on Forums, and I see myself in Members Online.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Problem #1 (can't upload files to forum) is back, and doesn't go away when I clear cache. Actually, it came back last week, I think. So I'm back to having to use ImageShack to post screnshots.

16. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

17. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Uploading seems to work. As for searching for 2-letter terms, I'll try and change that around.

18. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I'm not sure what system is in place, but it appears that the criterion where "words that are too common aren't allowed in search" will negate a bunch of the effort here. There are lots of short words that are pretty common, so if I search for "can't get XP" then your change would help me search for "XP," yes, but I still wouldn't be able to search for "can't get."

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I still can't upload. Any suggestions on things to try to fix it? It's preventing me from entering the contest :(

20. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Kalin, I'm not sure what could be the issue since I can't reproduce it on my end. Have you tried a different browser? Or disabling all plug-ins and then trying?