Forums need some organization

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by DrNinjoy, Jun 21, 2013.

1. DrNinjoy

DrNinjoy Kobold

Maybe I'm just an old caveman, but the forums to me seem like a bit of a messy mess. Sometimes I think I'd like to make note of some suggestions, but then wonder if it's all been said, but then finding anything more specific than a keyword is prohibitive, and then I give up and take a nap instead. Forum folder categories should be more meaningful ("is this chatting? is this feedback? is it general? oh, never mind"). Should I start new thread, should I reply to another? I realize this is the typical nature of online forums, but I don't think you can make me like it, and I'm guessing I'm not alone. Hoping I'm not alone. Am I alone?

As for the game itself (might as well, since i'm here now), my impression after playing to 8th/9th level. The game was reaally fun at first, but my interest dropped severely around this level for a few reasons.
    1. Without more of a unified thread to the narrative, which I understand will be added, the game devolves into repetitive tedium. Please don't underestimate how important it will be to have more to care about above the level of "fight monsters".
    2. The difficulty level increased sharply at around 7th/8th level, which is normally fine, but it became really old fast to have to grind and repeat. I realize different players will have different tolerance for this, but mine is low, and this relates to both point #1 and point #3, which is
    3. The inventory system is a bit unsatisfying. I'd much rather get one good item every so often, then to get 3 or 4 crappy items, after every fight, most of which gets tossed in the sack or in the bin. There's just so much STUFF in general, and I feel like a hoarder who has 20 cats and 10-year old newspapers stacked in his tiny apartment. And, the stuff all has slight variations in it, so it might be slightly better than what I have equipped, but probably not, so throw it in the bin. Even the stores don't sell anything worth having that doesn't require more power stones. And I understand from what I've read that the idea is to swap items in and out based on your enemy, but frankly, that is just really annoying to be expected to do that every time. Here's a [SUGGESTION], how about for each character, you build in a "sideboard" slot, with an item that can be switched situationally, at a click, something that is convenient, like one pre-made build to deal with blockers, and one for armor, or something like that.

2. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

The Main Forum is for off-topic and random stuff. The Beta Chat is to talk about the Beta, tactics and whatnot. The Beta Feedback forum is to discuss aspects of the game that you have questions about or suggestions on improving. The Support forum is for if you have a problem with the game.

If people used the search function more then there would be less confusion.

Since you are offering a suggestion, you posted in the right spot so it doesn't seem very complicated or confusing.