{feedback}: searing pain

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Christofff, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Once again, i'm here to winge, and pretend its constructive criticism.

I'm sick of losing to Darial Storm, Vakaz, and all other lucky CH players who have multiple searing pains. No offense. I'd probably be doing exactly the same if I was in same boat and wanted to win for my guild.

They just put savage curse on searing pain welding wiz, and voila, all your guys are toast! Well that was a fun game, wasn't it, guys? I burned all your three dudes for the low low cost of savage curse and a few cards! Sweet!

Really, how do you beat it? Stategy-wise you can't position your characters to avoid at least two of them getting hit, unless you run out one character at a time. But even then, you need to attack them to ultimately defuse the fireball-weilding dwarven nasties, and sending one character at a time is a defininte death sentence; he just gets focus-fired and/or force cannoned to smithereens.

So if strategy is out {unless there is another strategy I havne't thought of, besides running wizards, and hoping to get lucky in the resistant hide/ multiple toughness lottery}, lets try tactics?

Nimbus.

This is all I can see. And I personally hate this card, it means to counter it you have to hope they don't have flanking move so you can get next hit in, or run multiple purge effects, neither of which feels empowering.

Illusory barrier.

Even illusory barrier not so good owing toe the burst 2 effect of fireball. Not to mention to run it effectively you have to basically neuter a wizard of yours.

This is a big statement, but for those who play mtg, multiple searing pain feels like playing against the old affinity decks. It warped the metagame. You were either with it or against it; if you wanted to win, either run a deck that's totally geared to beating it, and even then still lose if you don't draw your counters, or just play it yourself. But oh wait, I can't play it myself cause I don't have 4 friggin searing pains! Hooray!

And these are just my thoughts, but isn't that enough of a case to argue against doing something with either fireball or searing pain?? BEcause ultimately it ruins my enjoyment of the game, to see my uentire team, "sic transit eyebrowed", by second turn. I hate this, and I hate how easy it is for my opponents.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Robauke likes this.
  2. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Ahhh my bad I just realised purging burst can be a good counter, get rid of the savage curse.

But then, .... getting into the nitty-gritty of it, correct me if wrong, but it means, if I want to have a good chance of consistently drawing a purge effect by turn 2, I need to dedicate at least 3 divine item slots on my priest. Or two divine item slots and one dividne weapon {purging mace}. I could also run a purge in my divine skill slot, but at tokenless, the only purge available is with holy presence, and i'd prefer altruism.

So the point is, whether running two divine items with at least two purge effects and a purging mace, or three divine items with purging effects, means I have to compromise my priest. No more consisteently drawing martyr's blessing / nimbus / MF.

And when an item causes me to warp my parties in this way, isn't this a case for doing something to change it?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  3. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I can understand your frustration. However, while Buff/Burst builds are very powerful, but they're not really any better than other classic team comps like warrior/warrior/priest or even 1/1/1.

What's making it OP right now is the map rotation, which heavily favors wizard teams. So while what you're saying is true, other rotations make this strategy less viable. Personally I think this one favors wizards more than any other out there.

There are other rotations where the same complaints could be made of warrior teams. This just isn't one of them :p

Fifjunior7, CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  4. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

tel me wher it hrts bby

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015