[Feedback] First play session (Levels 1-3)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Krymson, May 23, 2013.

1. Krymson

Krymson Kobold

This is a bit stream of thought, hopefully someone might find it useful.
    Using Google Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m
    Flash Version 11.7.700.202

* I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of initial install and the responsiveness of the interface
    * I felt compelled to stick with the default Fighter, Wizard, Cleric combination.
    * I felt a bit disappointed that my early-level cleric didn't have any of the card draw seen in the tutorial
    * It took me a few moments of consideration to grasp when I might want to use the cleric's Bad Medicine, Misguided Heal, and Unholy Frenzy. This is not a bad thing!
    * The sound effect when selling would sometimes repeat several times sequentially or (worse) sound like it played about 5 times on top of itself sounding like a gong.
    * My initial reaction to being granted the free pizza for both at both Chest and Barrel and Cuthbert's Costumes scenarios was to hold on to it in case there was a more useful place to spend it. I tend to be miserly when it comes to things like this, so that may or may not be relevant in and of itself.
    * It was great fun equipping my first few items
    * The variety of decks became more apparent with a few more Wizard and Cleric drops (either I didn't get many fighter drops or he doesn't vary much at the early levels).
    * I tried to return to a previously completed adventure to see if "grinding" was an option and was thereafter able to associate the hourglass and word "exhaused" with a reuse timer
    * I was somewhat confused when searching the page of an exhaused adventure as I could not find a timer for when I would be able to repeat an adventure. Apologies if this is not yet implemented.
    * After completing Highway Robbery, I began to feel the map was getting cluttered with adventures that I could not (or should not) return to and searched the options for a way to hide adventures that I could not currently return to or could not return to and earn exp. I could not find any.
    * I found that I wanted to double-click to sell or buy items, but needed to drag/drop or ctrl-click
    * After I realized that the map was considerably larger than the initial display, I tried to use the mouse wheel to zoom, but was unable to do so
    * I'm still getting a chuckle out of pizza being the micro-transaction currency. Good choice!
    * I was so enthralled with the first 3 levels that I forgot to eat dinner

Thanks for having me!
    -Krymson

2. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Welcome!
    Known bug.
    The drops are random so it was just a matter of luck.
    Yeah, it's currently unimplemented but I'm fairly sure it's going to be added sooner or later.

The adventures refresh once a day, don't remember the exact time.
    Yep, there isn't one.
    And even adventures that are too low level to currently earn exp from aren't useless. You can always recruit more heroes from the tavern if you want to try a 2 wizards/1 fighter part or something and then play through the earlier adventures again with the new group. (Once the adventures have refreshed of course)
    There's an earlier thread on this topic. Let's hope the devs implement this one day.

3. HsssH

HsssH Kobold

Well since i'm in similar situation as OP i guess i'll borrow this thread for my impressions.

• Maybe i missed it but i wasn't sure when exactly new round (when everyone draws new cards) is supposed to begin.
    • Shop feels a bit clunky and double click to sell/buy would indeed help.
    • I think tutorial should cover buying 4th hero and swaping your party around.
    • Selling prices seem very low, from doing tutorial and module with troglodytes i don't have enough gold to really buy anything. Well i have 20 gold so i CAN buy something cheap but i want MORE :D
    • It's probably due to technical details but having tutorial maps divided into 4 "caves" on the map looks a bit like clutter.
    • Game is awesome.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Gary tells you it's the one who passes first who gets first turn. Passing gives an option to the opponent or ai to pass or play, then it repeats this until both passes (and the first passing of the actual end wins first turn next round).