Fast games easy chests, The obliterating whirlwind.

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Stormyknight, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

So i made this build up and have won my last 24 of 33 games. It might not get you to the top but its super fast, hell annoying for the opposition and your geared to exploit it.

The theory is just pass it up until you have some whirlwinds and oblits which if not the first turn is useually the second then just zerg whoever lands closes, if you don't like the placement just do it again.

[​IMG]

Bludingator x1, Infused Greatclub x 2, Tough Leather Cap, Granwicks Shield, Wex's Mail, Corians Boots, Supurb Bruising, Novice Command.

[​IMG]

Staff Of Blazing Sparks, Xemus Staff, Hurricane Stone x 4, Witchy Robes, Red Jon's Boots
    Perfect Command, Novice Teleportation

[​IMG]

Infused Great Club x 2, Lochaber Axe, Tough Leather Cap, Wex's Mail, Coriens Boots,
    Big Ash Shield, Supurb Command, Novice Bruising.

The build speaks for itself with how to use it, just whirlwind and rush them. Someone put it to me best, Divide and Conquer.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I get the idea, looks like a nasty build to play against. Probably not many have the items to put such a build together, though, so I don't see it as becoming a very common one. The key items are very rare. I have a huge amount of items and I only have two of the twelve weapons/staffs/armors/boots you used. Substitutes could of course be used but on that scale they'd probably kill the efficiency of the build. An interesting idea to be sure, nevertheless.

3. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

I like it, doesn't look irritating to play against at all since it's fast. 100x better than 25 minutes of standing around doing nothing but shuffling around to avoid encumbrance and lava.

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

That's a good point. If it's going to be a loss, at least let it be a quick loss.

5. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

Yeah the fast games part is what appeals to me most, i use this mainly to get the purple chest then i change it up after that to try new things.

I could probably attribute nearly all my losses to those games i dont get either any whirlwinds or many oblits in the first two rounds, by then the op has capped 1 or two times and situtated while im dancing around with weak stuff.

6. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Nice build. Since you're running so much whirlwind you can easily disrupt your opponent and your warriors are setup to take advantage of it. Personally I always liked an encumber staff on the wizard for this type of build, just made life a little easier for the warriors.

It's not that bad to put together, there's no real legendary or epic dependencies, there's a couple being used but they could all be replaced by other items. The Hurricane Stone and Infused Greatclub are only rares, so with a bit of work you can reliably grind for them. I checked my collection I have 4-5 of both of these already (plus a few Rod Of Winds ), and that's without looking for them in Randimar's.

7. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Hey stormy help me a lil. im trying making a similar build, but with a twist, using 2 priests instead of 2 warriros:
    Targerr
    Level 1 Human Wizard
    4 x Whirlwind
    1 x Quick Step
    2 x Firestorm
    1 x Run, Team!
    1 x Vulnerable

Helven
    Level 20 Human Priest
    1 x Purge
    4 x Fiery Stab
    1 x Run, Team!
    4 x Stab
    2 x Vulnerable

Farginn
    Level 19 Human Priest
    1 x Quick Step
    2 x Leadership
    1 x Slowed
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Barge
    2 x Purge

any tips?

i think maybe trade the dmg wiz for some ice? the roots work really good to stop enemys to run away or to use step atks when u go near.

so far been working prety good, but need better dmg weapons

8. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I ran something like this back on the haunted rotation, which I originally posted in the Retail MP builds thread. The goal of it was to counter card-draw builds (that's why it was all dwarfs, to steal dwarven battlecry draws), so it was less hard-hitting and more disruptive. I like what you have here though, I never tried a version designed for regular play.

I imagine it would be really frustrating to play against when you have the perfect hand with the perfect whirl :D

9. dmar314

dmar314 Goblin Champion

Everyone's gonna hate me for this, but I will point out that you can get extra whirlwinds for the same power tokens by stacking rod of winds instead of hurricane stone. (I'm supporting this idea because if enough people abuse whirlwind stacking and the data shows it leads to a high win rate it might get fixed). Also if you have electroporter novice on the mage skill you can get extra traits which will lead you to draw more whirlwinds.

10. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I'd also recommend Trembling Staff in the second staff slot, as well as some warrior boots with more mobility.

11. Nim

Nim Mushroom Warrior

War/War/Wiz with a focus on Whirlwind is defiantly one of the more competitive decks running right now. A little lacking on consistency, but with the amount of LoS obstructions and rough terrain on the current map set it can be despairingly easy to land on of the enemy team in a really awful position. I hate facing this deck as Wizard Control.

12. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

13. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

Just a quick question for OP: Why use Improved TK over WWE? Is there a tactical reason for this? Most people complain about WWE more than TK, and I wonder if you've found a way to break TK.

14. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

well main reason is i dont have any rods of air so i cant stack more WWE that way, furthermore i like the fact i might have an odd TK lying around after a whirlwind as i will leave her move till last after a ww,wwe so i can tk any nasty warriors away from me. The wizards sole responsability of the build is to stay alive to spam more ww/wwe so any escaping abilities are usefull to me being able to further mess up the opposition.

15. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

I went 7-5 with this in the upper 1300-lower 1400 range.

Jaina
    Level 19 Dwarf Wizard

Kojiro
    Level 19 Human Warrior

Lilly Satou
    Level 5 Human Warrior