Fanturluche's testing

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Fanturluche, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I guess I should start writing reports, and keep some of the fun for when the expansion comes out.

General feedback:
    -Forms are a funny idea, but they make the game a lot more predictable. And, as you no longer draw from you own deck, you cannot rely on your original strategy. They are very random, as you can as likely draw mostly powerful cards or mostly weak cards. They have a random duration as well, since you can draw the form card again (I've seen someone locked into a zombie 4 or 5 turns)
    -I'm surprised you decided to put some high direct damage cards on arcane items ( Ancient Grudge , nerf was needed)
    -Reflect Missile is even less interesting now that wizards can be immune protected from untargetted damage effects
    -Since Warding Lance is not an armor card, it is not removed when your Sundering Strike is sent back at you by a Reflecting Block;)
    -Scuttle is silver but Prowl is bronze

I'll be posting my teams and matches on later posts and complete this on the go.

31 reports so far (I might forget to keep this number up to date)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Use Curse Of Fragility and, if possible Unholy Curse to maximize Jim's Magic Missile damage output

Macfox
    Level 1 Human Priest

Drakkdrek
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Thagazul
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

3. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Use Vampire Kiss followed by Inquisition Bolt, if possible from behind and with Cantrip

Grungkol
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Stromezurk
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Drakkdrek
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Match against Gavatron on Cyberspace Dojo
    Opponent had 3 human Vanguard Winddancer warriors
    round one they reached one of my priests and killed her (only Vanguard, racial moves and step attacks involved) My vampire kiss + inquisition bolt combo was screwed when ennemy with 2 cards in hand got Bat Swarm and Sneaky Bloodlust
    Loss 0-6, at round 3

--Build 3.156--

Reports in this post : 1​

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  4. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Use Spark Of Undeath to turn ennemies into zombies, and Accelerate Time to damage them with Blind Rage

Grungkol
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Stromezurk
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Castem
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Match against Melanchton on Cyberspace Temple
    My opponent had a pre CM build with 2 dwarf warriors and one dwarf priest.
    I did not draw any Accelerate Time, and no early spark of Undeath. My wizard got killed by Nimble Strike boosted by Mass Frenzy. My priests could not run away from dwarf warriors.
    Loss 1-6

Match against Galvatron on Cyberspace Arena
    Opponent had 3 human warriors, with Wind Dancer, Vanguard and lots of step moves.
    Ennemies could reach my priests, kill one and heavily damage the other by the end of round 2. I managed to cast two Undead Spark on a warrior and Accelerate Time, i finished him with a Punishing Bolt, but only the wizard was alive by then. I could run for a while but I had no chance of killing both remaining warriors.
    Loss 2-6

--Build 3.156--

Reports in this post : 2

5. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Use Walpurgis to give forms to ennemies, then use Daylight to kill them

Stromezurk
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Lokkahr
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Macfox
    Level 1 Human Priest

I did not have any success with this build so far, it requires too many things to get working. Daylight is inneficient against spirits or werewolves with armor, and vampires heal from you right away. Range 5 might sound good, but it also prevents you from easily putting aside one of you team members that did change form, or away from an ennemy that did not. Not changing form is armor-dependant, so if you loose your armor, you loose this safety. Eventually, the damage is too unfocused to be really useful by its own. I guess that is why we dont see many FS PvP builds.

--Build 3.156-- New Daylight and Walpurgis Night mechanics would change this deck

6. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Use Walpurgis to remove those nasty handicaps the warriors keep drawing.

Thiengolthorroth
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Curngweden
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Yerfoxand
    Level 1 Human Priest

Match against KKarma
    I faced 2 elven wizards and a priest. I cast Walpurgis to prevent the ennemies from filling their discard pile but my priest got 2 extra turns as a zombie, and one of my warriors got heavily damaged turn 1. Then Flash Flood prevented me from reaching the wizards while they waited for better cards. The priest Violent Spinned them into threatenning position. I managed to stun-and-kill on wizard before all my team got killed.

Match against ACoe520 on Cyberspace dojo
    Opponent had 2 human warriors and an elf priest
    One of my warriors went werewolf round one and did a Mighty Charge on the priest. My 2 warriors cornered the priest and killed her. A couple of Walpurgis later, both I and my opponent lost a warrior. I occupied the victory squares for the last points.
    Victory 6-2 round 6

--Build 3.156--

7. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Keep ennemies away until you kill them with Ancient Grudge

Helkingval
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Ronwenwen
    Level 1 Elf Wizard

Darungor
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  8. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Get as many cards as possible

Drakkdrek
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Thagazul
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Grungkol
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

9. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Charge the ennemies. Teleport away with Bat Swarm. Repeat.

Three times the same Character
    Drakkdrek
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Thagazul
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Grungkol
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Match against KKarma.
    I faced 2 elven wizards, which both used Pathfinding early, and a priest. I could dodge-and-charge the first Ancient Grudge, but then Flash Flood prevented me from getting to them. I eventually got caught by a 26-damage Ancient Grudge (wtf!)

Match against Vitreo on Cyberspace City
    Opponent had 3 human wizards. I could kill one wizard, but the I was crushed under countless Punishing Bolt and Ancient Grudge
    Loss 4-6

Match against vitreo on Cyberspace Temple
    Opponent had 3 human wizard, conttrol oriented
    Despite drawing a fair number of Bat Swarm, I could not get close to the ennemy long enough to attack more than a couple of times. Attacks finally killed one of my priests
    Loss 0-6 round 4

There are probably better uses for Swarm Of Bats
    --Build 3.156--

Reports in this post : 3

10. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Use Pathfinding to empty your deck (only one move card in it) and kill someone with Ancient Grudge

Drakkdrek
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Thagazul
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Grungkol
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Match with KKarma, who had 2 elf wizards and a human priest. I Flash Flood to keep the ennemies away at first. I struggled to keep the ennemy wizard who used Pathfinding at range 5+. I killed the priest with Ancient Grudge and Winds of war to push her into lava. I sacrificed one of my wizard, who was at 1-turn Doom to hurt one of the ennemy wizard (my opponent made a mistake) and I finished her by pushing her into lava with a gust. (Lava never was mine)

Match against Karnall on Cyberspace city
    Ennemy had human priest(draw machine), elf priest(swift vampire) and dwarf wizard (inquisition bolt)
    I used Flash Flood to delay the ennemy while I had the squares. I used Pathfinding to empty my deck and OS the wizard with Ancient Grudge. I cut a vampire run short with Boo!. Ennemy elf flash-kills one of my wizards next turn, but i finish the human priest with Ancient Grudge
    Victory 6-4

Match against Nimabi on Celestial Dojo
    Opponent had a human priest (Entangling Roots, known from a previous match), a human wizard and an elf wizard
    I OS'ed the priest early with a Pathfinding+Ancient Grudge. The ennemy wizards were rather shy an hid in a corner. I flash flood them there. One of the wizard Telekinesis the other out when I was 1 point from victory. I managed to kill her.
    Victory 6-2 . I lost one wizard.

--Build 3.156--

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sorry, it's hard for me to tell from what you've posted so far how many games you've played, and I know you've played a lot, so if you could clarify for me so I know how many chests to give you after the playtest :)

12. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I did play a lot but these are all the notes I've taken so far. I'll be posting my matches under the team I used.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  13. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

2 elven warriors with Pathfinding, a control wizard with Ancient Grudge, and Battlefield Training to share all that.
    Currently, that plan has worked 0 times

Helkingval
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Thiengolthorroth
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Thorngwegwindir
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Match against ???(sorry I did not write down the name), map was my arena 19
    My opponent had 2 dwarf warriors and a dwarf priest, using only pre-MN equipment
    I took heavy damage from the BSS warriors, my team split up, I did not draw blocks so I did not dare come close. I eventually lost to nimble strike
    I changed my deck a little after this

Match against KKarma, map was Cyberspace Arena
    Opponent had 2 dwarf wizards and a human priest.
    One of my warriors turned into werewolf turn 1, I moved in with my wizard and my werewolf, ennemy first cast Flash flood and lava pool. My warriors attacked the ennemy from both flanks and my opponent did not have the damage output to kill my werewolf warrior. I killed a wizard, then the priest and won

Match against ??? , on Cyberspace city
    Opponent had 2 priests (one human, one elf) and a dwarf wizard.
    Turn 2, my opponent packed cards (delegate and demonic power ) on the elf which had talented heler, and chained one of my warriors. Had had armors and a lucky block so he did not die right away, and a Vampire Kiss gave him a bat swarm. The elf ran after him and finished him, but my other warrior caught him and finished him off with werewolf's Vicious thrust and all out attack, with the help of my wizard. I hurt the other priest with lava pool, while staying at range 3+ and I finshed her with quick run and barge. The ennemy wizard damaged mine mosty with 3-damage inquisition bolt finished him with a quick run and punishing bolt. My warrior finished the wizard on the victory squares, with few hp left.
    Result: Victory 6 / 5 points

Match against KKarma on Cyberspace city
    Opponent had 2 dwarf wizards and a human priest.
    I caught all ennemies on a lava pool round one. I bagred the priest back on lava at the start of round 2. Opponent resigned.
    Victory 6-1

--Build 3.156--

Reports in this post : 4

14. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

--Team tested after Build 3.156--
    Use Swarm Of Bats surprise mobility to chop ennemies down from behind

Yslfretar
    Level 1 Human Priest

Macfox
    Level 1 Human Priest

Yerfoxand
    Level 1 Human Priest

Match against Galvatron on Cyberspace Dojo
    Opponent had 3 human Vanguard Wind Dancer warriors
    One of my guys crushed turn one.
    Loss 0-6

Match vs Amanda on Cyberspace Dojo
    Opponent had 2 dwarf warriors and 1 dwarf priest. Warriors packed armors (Crazy Sal's Halberd, Mimetic Armor and harness). The priest cast zombie spark on allies.
    After some time fighting the warriors, I decided to focus on the priest. Opponent resigned after I killed her.
    Victory 6-4?

Match versus KKarma on Cyberspace Dojo
    Opponent had 3 human priests
    Opponent started with 3 Walpurgis Night (he did not have any Arrogant Armor). Then he moved in, cast a few Daylight. I cast Unholy Wellspring on one of my characters who had range 2 attacks, I killed one ennemy round 2. Opponent resigned.
    Victory 6-0

Match against ilbksrkf or something on Cyberspace Dojo
    Opponent had Dwarf Warrior, Elf Wiz and Human Priest
    Opponent started with 2 Walpurgis Night, then Doom 2 of my characters, who died from that.
    Loss 1-6 at round 5

Match against Rohndil on Cyberspace Dojo
    Opponent had Human 1/1/1
    Opponent started with a Walpurgis Night and another when the first one ended. I hunted down the vampire (former wizard) and killed it. Then I focused on the priest.
    Victory 6-1, round 4

Match against KKarma on Cyberspace Dojo
    Opponent had 3 human priests
    Walpurgis Night round 2 with one arrogant armor, then Purging Burst and Daylight spam. I lost only one character (the one without sparkling cloth), but I took serious damage and the ennemies were fully healed. I lost a second character and the game.
    Loss 1-6 round 6

Match against Rohndil on Cyberspace City
    Opponent had human 1/1/1
    Opponent played Walpurgis Night round 1
    On round 3, I purged and batstabbed the warrior with a priest, who got hurt by the warrior and finished with an Hex Of Dissolution. I damaged the priest and the wiz away from the victory square and won.
    Victory 6-3 on round 5

Match against Zacharianthi on Cyberspace City
    Opponent had 3 human priests (Mass Frenzy, Martyr's Blessing, Vampire's Kiss, Sacred Shroud, Investigate)
    Martyr's Blessing prevented me from dealing substantial damage to any character without them healing up for the first five rounds. I managed to kill an ennemy after Blight put a Trip on her.
    Loss 3-6 round 7

Reports in this post : 8

15. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Previous build, but one priest goes support instead.

Yslfretar
    Level 1 Human Priest

Macfox
    Level 1 Human Priest

Yerfoxand
    Level 1 Human Priest

Match against yhgt on Cyberspace City
    Opponent had 3 Dwarf priests.
    I avoided most of my opponnent's draining attack with Swarm Of Bats, and killed a priest before the other ones could come for support. I killed another priest shortly after.
    Victory 6-1 at the end of round 4

Match against Vitreo2084 on Haunted Graveyard
    Opponent had 3 Elf Priests, silver attack decks he said
    Opponent quickly drew many Defender's Block so I could not take any ennemy down, and a reckless movement from me cost me an attacker. Plus opponent played about 4 Greater Heal.
    Loss 0-6 at round 4

Match against Mith on Cyberspace City
    Opponent had Elf Wizard, Elf Warrior, Human Priest.
    I killed both elves round 2 (I had Mass Frenzy,I gave cards to a priest, he hit the warrior with a Powerful Bludgeon + All Out Attack, the wizard with a Spear Of Darkness, then both with an Obliterating Chop)
    Victory 6-0, round 2

16. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Turn ennemies into creatures of the night and hunt them down

Yerfoxand
    Level 1 Human Priest

Gavvorn
    Level 8 Human Warrior

Helsian
    Level 8 Human Warrior

Match against Haesslicherbobtest on Cyberspace Arena
    Opponent had a Human Priest and 2 Dwarf Warriors
    I played Walpurgis Night on round 2, and killed the priest with 3 Inquisition Strike, and Doomed a warrior. One of my warrior (spirit) got killed. My other characters were zombies, and delayed the game with Brains! and Entangling Roots. Doom triggered.
    Victory 6-2 on round 6

Match against Ilbqpdli on Cyberspace Temple
    Opponent had Dwarf Warrior, Human Priest, Elf Wizard
    Opponent played Walpurgis Night round 2. I attacked the Wizard but she ran away and my Vengeance did not help running after her, I attacked the warrior but he was too tough and got killed, then my other characters followed.
    Loss 6-0 on round 5

Match against Frostguard on Ziggurat
    Ennemy had 2 vampire dwarf priest and support human priest
    I cast Walpurgis Night round 2 and got 2 Werewolves (my priest had Arrogant Armor). With successful Dodges and Inquisitor's Strikes, I managed to kill a dwarf, then another.
    Victory 6-1 on round 4

17. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Burn ennemies with wizard and Inquisitor's Strike them. I do not feel very confortable with wizards though

Helkingval
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Thorngwegwindir
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Thiengolthorroth
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Match against Frostguard on Celestial Lions (not the best map for my team)
    Opponent had 2 Dwarf vampire priests and a human support priest.
    Opponent reached wizard round 2, killed him at the start of round 3. I had to stay away from Talented Healer priests. Lost a warrior.
    Loss 2-6 at round 5

Changing warrior equipment

Match against Frostguard on Crypt Feast
    Same opposing team
    One of my warrior attacked the human priest, who turned out to have 2 Powerful Bludgeons and a dwarf finished me off. I attacked a dwarf who Swarm Of Batted to my wizard, blocking his escape route. I still managed to kill the human, but I lost my wizard and the match.
    Loss 2-6 round 3

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thank you for all your help with the Castle Mitternacht playtest.

Unless you posted more in another thread (in which case, sorry I missed it), I have you at 31 games.

You will receive 6 Epic Mitternacht chests when this content is released.