[Discussion] Accelerate Time

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Deepweed, Jul 17, 2015.

?

If you think it's viable, what do you think is the best use of Accelerate Time? If not, why?

1. Triggering card draw attachments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Triggering burn attachments

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Triggering terrain attachments

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  4. Triggering active traits (e.g. Slippery and Dimensional Traveller)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Supporting mainstream builds with a limited quantity of it

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. It's not viable; it requires a setup that is too complex.

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. It's not viable; its availability is far too limited.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. It's not viable; opponents will run attachments too.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I want to know what you guys think about this card. How will people build around it? How will people build against it, if it ever becomes popular/strong? For those who already have a collection of it and already have builds that work, can you enlighten the rest of us?

Currently, not many people have access to the card but it is likely to see greater use soon. It is probably the most interesting addition for wizard cards, but it is also very scarce.

I'll give a summary of the discussion below.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I did a little tinkering with the items I had. I actually had some trouble drawing the card, because I don't have a large collection of it ready to be equipped. When I did draw it, though, I had flame effects stacked against me, so it wasn't the wisest idea. I could see it working in a card drawing build, though.

In fact, I think you can gain decent card advantage by maximizing identical traits and Accelerate Time on two wizards and having a priest with both Accelerated Thought and Unholy Energy in similar amounts. If you manage to run both on a single wizard, activating Accelerate Time will grant you free procs and significant card advantage. If you manage to draw Accelerate Time again, you can stack the advantage. You may end up drawing traits, though, knocking your card-drawing attachments off. Therefore, such a build would require an intricate design.

3. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

Well, Billiska reached 1700+ using a build based around it, so I think it's viable.

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

And what's billiksa playing? Volcano, i presume?

Havent looked at accelerating time at all yet, and haven't seen much play from others. So my still untainted attitude is that i reject the decision to bring into the playable card pool, but *cough* time will tell if i change my view. Maybe my interest spikes once i get a Flame Warper.

Deepweed, have you tried to combo it with fragile curse yet?

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

6. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

From what I remember volcano, bless, fire attacks, soothing darkness, leadership.

7. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I haven't tried comboing it with Curse Of Fragility just yet. I need to get my hands on a Flame Warper and a Reality Warper before I can do some decent testing.

That's interesting. If you can successfully isolate that opponent, you don't even need to use armor removal for that character to take serious damage. Or, you can just use it at the start of the round for maximum damage.

ParodyKnaveBob and Accent like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This to me is one of the coolest things about putting AT in the game.

ParodyKnaveBob, Accent and Pawndawan like this.
  9. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I have 16 items with Accelerate Time on them. I wish I could find a way to use them.

10. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

give me your account now

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Where did he start from? Going from 1600 - 1700 is a lot different than 1200 - 1700.

12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Fine with me. You can have the guild as well, if you want.

13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Jeez Gulo, chin up!

My scepsis towards accelerating time has to do with terrain, i think we lost something when we can't rely anymore on terrain being no immediate threat. Its like one of the basic characteristics of wizard damage was touched. Now you have to handle yet another potential scenario, acceleration, and i can't help but wonder how much insecurity this game can take before any decision you make is empty.

Bandreus likes this.
  14. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I think I just derailed my own thread.

Back on topic, I'm not sure how far you can get with Accelerate Time using 3 wizards. It might just be my imagination, but I think priests are central to the build.

15. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

That is what I was going to post as well. The priest is essential to 99% of all builds. C'est la vie.

16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Dont like too fast, flax.

17. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Gulo gulo and I just had a match with Accel. Time vs Accel. Time. It went incredibly fast.

I applied curse to gulo gulo and unholy energy to my fire wiz. He ended up spewing fire until the game ended, since gulo gulo burned himself to death (with firestorm).

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

With Accelerate Time, you can triple kill your own party in round one very easily. This should make the matches against the maneuvering elves and burst wizards much more fun for me.

And my previous match with Deepweed was three rounds at 7:00 minutes, so not that speedy....well, not until I killed myself, that is. That was quick.

19. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I just got a good draw with the Curse of Fragility + Accelerate Time build at the start. I have to say, it was INCREDIBLE! I was faced against Martyr's + Nimbus, yet the opposing team (with rating nearing 1600) was not able to get a single victory point. I think I had +5 card advantage coming out of round 1, and +10 coming out of round 2, so I was barely thinking and just spamming cards to knock off Nimbus/Martyr's.

20. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Finally a wizard build that I can play!