[Deckbuilding Contest] Cardhuntria's Most Stylish #2

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Flaxative, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Submissions are closed. Voting is in.

You can see the winning entries in the voting booth thread.

Hi guys! Since the last time I ran this contest, a number of things have changed. For one, the balance changes went live. For another, there're some more stylish costumes to use. I'm running the second round of Cardhuntria's Most Stylish with the same rules as the first, effective immediately. If you participated previously: you know what you're doing. If you don't know what this is all about, read on!

Canned Intro

Some builds are good, and people know about them. There’s the hacky X-Strike Ultra build, with All Out Attack and obliterating attacks. There’re fire wizards, punishing wizards, supported by priests. The environment perennially rewards Mass Frenzy priests with warrior buddies. Firestorm is build-around me card that gave rise to a couple well-worn strategies. These builds, we know.

What builds don’t we know?

And how totally cool are they?

[​IMG]

What’s going on here?

This is a deckbuilding competition, but the focus isn't build strength—the focus is style. The goal is not to make a high-rated party. The goal is not to have a high win percentage. The goal is to make a sweet build, something off the beaten path, and to show us how it works. Entries will be voted on by players, and the winners will receive chests as prizes.

[​IMG]

How to enter

Submit to me (@Flaxative) the following, via PM on this forum.

1) Your build’s name. Cool names are crucial.
    2) The characters, items, and cards used in your build.
    • Once your party is built, enter the Multiplayer Keep
    • Hit f1 to open the in-game console
    • Enter this command, exactly: "partyanddecksbbcode"
    • Hit the Enter key
    • Your party's items and cards are now stored in your clipboard—just paste them into your submission message.
    3) A link to a video (on YouTube, for instance) of you explaining your build and playing at least one game with it. I want to see it in action! You won’t be graded on your presentation, just have fun with the video. If you have never recorded a video before, feel free to ask around for help. This is actually a requirement. :)

Entries are open NOW! Enter your build today.
    Entries close on November 25 at 0 UTC. That’s the same time of day that the shops and modules reset, and it’s roughly 10 days from the time of this post. Be sure to submit your build to me before then! Late entries will not be accepted.

[​IMG]

Voting

After entries close, I will create a new thread with all submissions and a poll. From that point, there will be a one-week voting period. During this time I will ask you to let your entries speak for themselves—if you post on the forums tooting your own horn, or even explaining your build, you’ll be reprimanded and potentially disqualified. More details on those rules once voting opens.

The top three winners of the poll will receive a prize.

[​IMG]

Prize Structure*

1st place: 3 epic chests
    2nd place: 2 epic chests
    3rd place: 1 epic chest

*Note that prizes are better this time around ;)

[​IMG]
    Now get deckbuilding!

[​IMG]
    Q: Can I submit a build I already made?
    A: Yes, but if the build is too common or unoriginal it probably won’t win the competition.
    Update: Builds already submitted to Cardhuntria's Most Stylish #1 are not welcome in this competition.

Q:
    I have an idea for a cool build, but I don't have the items for it.
    A: Use the test server! You can give yourself infinite items on there.

Q: Can I submit more than one build?
    A: No, one entry per participant.

Q: I worked on my build closely with another player. Can we make a joint submission?
    A: Definitely! I will accept entries representing the work of multiple players. If the entry wins any amount of prize, that prize's pizza equivalent will be divided amongst the players credited with the creation of the build, and then those players will receive as many chests as I can give from that pizza.

Q: Why is there a video component to the submission?
    A: I think that more people should record Card Hunter! We need more players being more vocal and sharing more things about the game, and I figured this contest could help produce some cool footage to show off.

Q:
    Does the Sorcererers’ guild rule about prize-sharing apply to this competition?
    A: No.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    Farbs and CT5 like this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yay! It's back!:)(ultimatetoken)

And I've been planning this build since the end of the last contest, so all I have left to do is figure out my last arcane item, write the backstory, and re-learn how to make and upload videos.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

A bit less than a week left! Get those submissions in! :)

4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I might try to get something in on the weekend, but now that there's a draw limit and burst wizards are common, I think I might have to come up with something other than the one I was planning on submitting for the last one. I didn't hear about the contest though, maybe you should try to get the word out some more?

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's here and in general chat as an announcement; it's on the loot fairy tracker; it's on our twitter. Not sure how else I should promote it other than spamming the world chat :)

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Just a reminder, we've got just about 3 days left. Please get your submissions to me :)

7. Fry_The_Guy

Fry_The_Guy Lizardman Priest

I do not want to invest the effort in learning how to make videos, but thought it would be fun to make a build anyways! I am not exactly sure what I should do with the build since I cannot submit it, so I will just post it here.

The name of the build is "The Melding Mages". The idea behind the build is to use advanced battlefield training to get as many possible copies of arcane shell onto one mage (along with as many damaging spell as possible). Getting 3 copies is already like a permanent unholy wellspring. The build also packs 18 copies of force cannon to keep warriors at bay while looking to draw into oblit. spark, arcane shell, and ABT.

Zilzil
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Zacsteelpen
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Helnorcast
    Level 1 Human Wizard

CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Fry, you could always ask someone to create the deck on the test server and get them to film it! It might mean splitting the prize, but that's up to you.

9. Fry_The_Guy

Fry_The_Guy Lizardman Priest

I had fun coming up with the idea, which I think is the point of the contest! In any case, if someone likes the build they are free to make a video and submit it, I do not require any part of the reward.

10. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Got my submission in! I had two other amusing builds to choose from, too, but their games didn't do a good job showing them off. I'll upload those after the contest, anyway :D

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We officially have more submissions than prizes! Yay! Keep submitting, a bit more than 1 day to go :)

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.