Death March Rocket Charge

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Robauke, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Rocket Charge boosted by Quickness and Rushing auras.
    21 Damage over 7 tiles isnt a rarity.
    This is what i came up with and won quite a few games while having fun
    (Fun on Death March!)
    Dont expect it to revolutionize the Death March Meta though.

Serenade x3
    Level 99K Elf Warrior

Blazing Shortsword - Stabs are better on DM, but its taste
    Rotting Club - traits - Wimpy tends to cancel itself out with the boosts and a bash here and there is still good to buy some time
    Crazy Sal's Halberd - traits, traits, traits
    Spiked Forcemail - One forcefield is better then no forcefield
    Aegis Of Aversion - The right choice in my eyes against ranged
    Energetic Helmet - I find Necalli caps All Out Attack of little use in this setup
    Cybernetic Boots - Warp run comes in handy
    Frightened Scouting - pathfinding never fails to deliver the charge, scamper ignores illusionary terrain and is volcano counter.
    Novice Bruising

1 x Elvish Scamper
    1 x Trip
    1 x Defender's Block
    1 x Barbed Platemail
    1 x Warp Run
    1 x Pathfinding
    1 x Stab
    3 x Polearm Slash
    3 x Bash
    3 x Fiery Stab
    1 x Quickness Aura
    1 x Fright
    1 x Cowardly
    1 x Block
    1 x Laser Block
    1 x Combustible
    2 x Rushing Aura
    1 x Force Field
    1 x Quick Reactions
    1 x Bludgeon
    2 x Bruiser
    1 x Clumsy Chop
    2 x Wimpy
    1 x Rocket Charge
    3 x Blind Rage

Maybe a word on how to play this:
    Very restrained, keep distance, take every pass and best dont think about using the melee you got dealt. Once you move in and stick your neck out, the setup crumbles. The scampers are your best chance to move into charging position without raising suspicion. Once you charged you hopefully got enough melee to finish the job or a forcefield to sit the retaliation out. A big issue is that the opponent tends to stand in group, leaving you no option then to charge at the one most upfront.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Having witnessed this in action, I can confirm it's both effective and ludicrously fun ;)

Bummers you can only have 1x Rocket Charge in a deck.

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

The pathfinding kind of doubles your chances. Of course there might be a more obvious elf card to filter for the rocket charge, but i dont like to rely on damage.

4. Miraval

Miraval Kobold

"Death flight" deck is a nice idea, but with huge amount of illusory barriers in the current meta not very effective imo.

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Its perfectly effective against difficult and blocking terrain, unless they are clever enough to cast flash flood in front of themselves, and not in front of my warriors.

6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

This and the VP builds were the reason, why I added flash flood to my build. Unfortunatly it decreases the chances against other builds a lot and since your deck and the VP build is rare, Flash Flood is not great in the normal barrier deck.