[Custom Module-2 maps] Master Chef-Card Huntian

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tuknir, Dec 16, 2013.

1. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Part 1) The Fishing Spot

Introduction:

Every year, occurs the prestigious Master Chef contest, where the best cooks of the realm compete for the prize: 5000gold and the prestigious title of Master-Chef.

This year Chef Garcotto decided to enter and win all with his bold flavors.

The first ingredient of the night:Fish

As a renown cook, Chef Garcotto knows the best ingredients are the fresh ones. He decided for Fried-Pan Koi with lemon sauce, so Garcotto takes some servants to the river to get fresh fish.

Unfortunately a hungry family of Wyverns also want the succulent fish.

Prepare to F&F (Fish and Fight)
    Fishing Spot.jpg

Epilogue: Chef Garcotto surprises all with his Fried-Pan Koi with lemon sauce with bits of wyvern flesh to give extra flavor and wins easily this round
    ----
    Part 2: Egg o' War

Introdution: After a couple rounds Chef Garcotto manages to get to the final. Here the ingredient is Eggs. As usual Garcotto wants to surprise all with a bold dish: Hydra Egg omelet.
    But this year the final have a twist: its timed: you have 3 min to get the ingredient you need.

Masterchef 2.jpg

Epilogue: After secure the freshest ingredients winning the contest and the 5000g is a child play, well done.

Attached Files:

2. I'm a fan of MasterChef and I like to go fishing as much as possible, so theme-wise this fits me very well :)

I liked them both.

Pros:
    - great theme
    - fishing
    - cooking
    - simple but well designed, especially the temple
    - characters that actually deal damage and not just run around spamming Minor Healing

Cons:
    - lacks gameplay originality (although doesn't really need it)
    - theme issue: the "servants" look more like elite guards (but you of course need damage dealers)
    - maybe a bit too easy

Other comments:
    - you could have added some fishing gear (combination of different decal) next to the fishing spot
    - simple scenarios that do not try to be pretentious and focuses on the fun instead
    - more of these please

8/10
    8/10

tuknir and Flaxative like this.
  3. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Thanks for the input :). it started just a silly map where a guy wanted to go fish and needed defend the spot, then remember master chef (im a huge fan also) and started thinking maybe i could add a second map,and hydra eggs just pooped up.
    The difficult...that was tough..speacial the fishing one...tryed several stuff but would always be too hard.then the simple solution, change the vp points,and seems to work good. the hydra actualy seems too easy but didnt want to over complicate. would be cool if we could add a twist: if chef garcotto dies would be automatit game over..after all hes the one that going to cook the dishes..without him no deal... alas, maybe in a near future we can do stuf like that in the editor.
    The servants... ye thats a issue but Garcotto needed extra support..
    anyway thanks again :)