[Custom Map] Wedding Crashers.

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by LeisureSuitLoli, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Setting:
    A remote chapel in the woods is seeing use today as a joyous occasion takes place within its walls: A wedding! But there are those who are out to end this affair before it finishes!

Story:
    After many adventures together Miriam Sanctar and Andengal of the Woods have decided to tie the knot. Officiating the ceremony is their long time friend and fellow adventurer Nargil Demon-Sworn. As he says "Speak now, or forever hold your peace", three voices rise up and three enter the chapel to make their objections.

[​IMG]

Hints:
    *The enemy priest has many, many healing spells. Take it out as quickly as you can.
    *The enemy warrior (human) loves to bash things, so keep him at bay.

Epilogue:
    With the objections silenced, the ceremony continues. Afterward you are free to open the wedding gifts.

Attached Files:

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Things can definitely go south if you don't take out the healer quickly. Fun battle! Fun premise! Good map, good incorporation of loot into the outro. Nicely done!

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Krelvin wanted to know what it's like being an elf...

LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.
  4. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

the enemies are obviously homophobes

Flaxative and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  5. I like the idea very much. Reminds me of the movie Kill Bill :) I also like the map, although it could maybe have some more details. Looks a bit too clean for my taste, although churches usually are I guess.

I tried it only once and got crushed like a bug. Like Flaxative said, that healer is a pain. I couldn't kill her fast enough which led to my defeat. Then again I don't play custom scenarios with the same focus as I play MP. The high difficulty could have been partly because I made some quick and dumb moves without thinking it too much.

Although it was a fun scenario, it kind of suffers from the common problem of being "just kill everything that moves" type of a deal. There's a good story and nice map, but the actual gameplay is not really unique. Then again we don't have that many tools to make unique scenarios.

All in all it's a good scenario.

Here's an idea: how about you make it so that the opponent wins with one kill? Because if one of the three dies, the wedding is off isn't it? :) This of course would make it even more difficult.

Flaxative likes this.
  6. One kill win? Hm... That would prove very difficult unless the priest was presiding over the wedding of two Human Servant characters. Or assigning a victory point to a character.

The attached file is a version of the scenario that actually looks like proper map (the lower doodads, added aesthetics like spiderwebs, an altar that looks like an altar...).

The sequel map will be more of a fair challenge.

Attached Files:

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Um.. you lost me. In case I wasn't clear, I meant a scenario where all your characters must survive, just like that SP challenge.

I actually did that 2 minutes ago with your new map. I managed to win with all my guys alive, although I might have been lucky with the draw and the enemy priest was rushing in like a crazy person. Also I was one armor roll away from killing myself with a Travelling Curse :)

But yeah.. the difficulty is much better than I first assumed since it now felt almost too easy.

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You just have to set the opponent's VP Goal to 2, since each char you're using is worth two points.

I just tried the newest version. The enemy priest was nimbused the first two rounds, and I ran out of time :(

Flaxative and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  10. Well played Flaxative.

A brief preview of the events after the wedding ceremony (on fullscreen mode :().

Attached Files:

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nice, I like this a bit better as a simple sequel than I did the cabin one. :)

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You can use Goblin Grunts2 for one of the groups so you can tell them apart; they use the same decks but have a different figure.

13. The Honeymoon Cabin has been heavily reworked.

Flaxative likes this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Awesome I look forward to it :) I know I saw it in a very early development stage!

15. Lunar Flare

Lunar Flare Kobold

I really like the concept of this scenario, but I think there is a bug now. The AI only has to kill one of my members to win, and honestly, they are waaaaaay too powerful with their abilities vs the abilities I have if all they need to do is kill one of my members. I have tried 8 times with no luck, and thought that there must be some trick to this that I am missing. I always go for the healer first, and usually kill her after a long time due to all her heals, but one of my other characters quickly dies afterwards and I get game over. I read here that people suggested making it so that if one player dies its game over, but this makes it completely UNBALANCED due to the strength of the enemies. Or, maybe this is just a bug. I really want to beat this, but I guess I am going to have to pass it as it is IMPOSSIBLE. *sad face*

16. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Since I started playing, the AI only needs one kill to win. This scenario is the most annoying of the current MM but it's far for being impossible. Takes me an average of 2 tries to clear it as sometimes the ennemy dwarf Vicious thrust + all in attack x2 to OS one of my guy making the bashes useless.
    So ya healer first, then the dwarf and the third one is not so much of a threat. When ennemies are too close to you and you to the wall, run to the other side of the map. I can make you a video on how to clear it if needed.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah it can definitely be a challenge, but it's doable. You have to play very carefully and get a little lucky.

18. Lunar Flare

Lunar Flare Kobold

I would love to see a video. I really want to be this lol

19. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Here you are, hope it can help.

20. Nice video! Could use some music though. Perhaps Yakity Sax from the Benny Hill show.

Reason for the challenge: I don't look down on those who would play the game and expect them to figure out the way to beat a scenario on their own. I don't doubt the intelligence of our fellow Cardhuntrians.