[Custom Map] City Town

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Gabbek, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Well this is... odd, try to run it, I can't run it... it's too huge! :D

Edit: Download .brd only, scenario unplayable due to size

Attached Files:

2. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Phaselock likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You forgot to check the box that sets the opponent to AI. But even when you check that box, it still sits there waiting for another player to join. Weird.

I'm trying it on the test server. Did you try it on the live server?

4. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I tried it on live server, doesn't work vs AI, doesn't work vs players... it's too big I think.

Haven't even added borders to the map since it would be even bigger :eek: meh :(

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Wow, this is great! If people want to look around your city they can download the .scn, export the .brd, then open it in the board editor. Don't forget you need to ctrl-drag to scroll the screen.

Uncompressed the board is ~350kb, and I shudder to think what its footprint would be in its network format. My guess is that our server is assuming this is an attack of some sort, and refusing to handle it. Erp.

6. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I think I've played too much with dodads - all those shades surely take 'some place'! I'll post .brd file instead so people can have a look :)

7. Farbs

Cheers! I've made a few tweaks to the code which should allow this scenario to be loaded in future builds.

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

uhuh, managed to load scn successfully on test...but I don't see the mobs. :p

9. Farbs

Right, I think that's a problem in the board. The AI spawn points are set up as group 3, but the mobs are group 1.

10. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Aye, it's correct! My bad :) was just throwing in AI spawn points just to test if I could run the map, haven't actually paid notice to it :(