[Custom Fixed-League]: Martial Wrestling

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tuknir, Jul 16, 2014.

1. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Ok, i took a old board ive done and reduced it.
    My idea would be a Tag Team amtch using a martial oriented guy (in this case lord batford with all the ducks and dodges) and a wrestling guy (oggencot) and a manager (blood priest to support then).

The ring is victory points. so if u want you can take ur manager inside, but since hes bit weak, its a risky move.

This is the main idea, with some custom decking i think it would be fun. will post later my ideas for the custon decks.

What you guys think?

Martial Wrestling.jpg

Attached Files:

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  2. tuknir

Ok, if you seen some Wrestling,theres the big hitters and the high-flyers. So the idea would be a tag-team of a team with one of each and a "manager" outside

Custom decks:
    TheHitter: Hp=35 BaseMovement=walk
    2x Shambling Bash
    4x Bash
    2xStartling Strike
    1x Unnerving Strike
    1x Clumsy
    2x Parry
    1x Surging Shield Block
    1x Muscle Through
    2x Lunging Bash
    1x Blind Rage
    1x Charge
    1x Powerful Bludgeon

----
    The HighFlyer: Hp=25 Basemovement= run

2x Dodge
    3x Duck
    2x Barge
    2x Hurled Dagger
    1x Acrobatic Flip
    2x Pressing Bash
    1x Fumble
    1x Blob Of Slime
    2x Cowardly Attack
    2x Simple Bash
    1x Reflecting Block

------
    The Manager: Hp:15 Basemovement= run

2x Raise The Alarm
    1x Toughness
    3x Twin Heals
    1x Battlefield Training
    1x Shuffle, Team!
    5x Open Wound
    1 x Martyr Blessing
    1x Healing Blessing
    1x Violent Spin
    ------------

something similar to this. you guys think it could work and be fun?

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

It might work. Not sure on allowing the Manager to come in though. Why not just make the ring impassable terrain or something?

4. tuknir

The idea is to make the illusion of a match: that in wrestling, the heel managers keep interfering with the match, and also to add more options like you can choose to go inside and get victory points but then you risk it of losing it

5. tuknir

i changed the duke for bulk goblin chieften, seems to work much better now.. the duke is just to powerful, if he uses is "normal" deck

Bulk.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    LeisureSuitLoli and Squidy like this.
  6. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

haha i love this idea. such an simple but funny thing!

tuknir likes this.
  7. playhavock

playhavock Mushroom Warrior

can I try to come up with a board and post it?

8. Stexe

What do you mean? Just for custom boards in general or specifically fro Martial Wrestling? You can try making a board as a proof of concept and seeing how it plays out. That's what I did with Monster Hunt and it worked well so it got accepted a league map. I'm working on another, but no clue when/if it will be done.

9. tuknir

After the update here is my idea (updated), only using already existing cards to minimize work :p

Custom decks:
    2x Shambling Bash
    2x Bash
    2x Lunging Bash
    2x Barge

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this 4 different attacks represent the brute force of the heavy hitter and also give him some movement
    2xStartling Strike
    1x Unnerving Strike

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this 2 different attacks are a good way to remove the high flyer nasty blocks
    2x Parry
    1x Surging Shield Block

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ block cards, after all hes a seasoned fighter with some endurance
    1x Raging Strike
    1x Rage
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ big guy getting mad, hitting harder but also takes more damage
    2x Clumsy
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hes big and bit clumsy, can be anoying if you cant change your facing to attack the other guys
    1x Muscle Through
    1x Charge
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ burst of pure power translated in quick movement to surprise the enemy foes

----

2x Dodge
    3x Duck
    1x Disorienting Block
    1x Reflecting Block

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hes really fast and hard to hit, also his speed can be used to turn the enemy atacks against themselfs
    1x Blob Of Slime
    2x Hurled Dagger
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ he fights dirty, so he have some ranged attacks
    1x Pressing Bash
    2x Simple Bash
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ some attacks that even if they dont hit that hard, push the enemys away
    ^3x Cowardly Attack

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ attacks that don't do much damage, but do alot more if the highflyer can use they speed and dirty tricks to flank the enemy

2x Nimble Strike
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hes really agile
    2x Fumble
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ trying to be fast and hit and dodge at same time etc, can cause some mistakes

------

2x Raise The Alarm
    2x Twin Heals
    1x Shuffle, Team!
    1 x Martyr Blessing
    1x Healing Blessing
    1xSoothing Darkness
    2x Bad Luck
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^the manager wants his team to win so he packs utility to help then in several ways

2x Battlefield Training
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ giving his team foreign objects to help them cheat to win
    2x Toughness
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ not "official" part of the match so CAN'T TOUCH THIS (also can be used to help his team)
    2x Open Wound
    1x Backbitting Attack
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ minor attack if he fells like to join the fight
    1x Violent Spin
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ to diffuse some bad sittuations or help his team
    2x Short Perplexing Ray

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ dust to the eyes, always a good trick to mess with the enemy team

10. Stexe

I'd probably suggest reducing the number of handicap cards / traits as they can really be swingy. Including one is okay, but what I did for balancing is calculate the average turn length of the game and then factor in how detrimental to someone's strategy it would be if they drew all the worse cards in those turns and the opponent drew all the best cards. The longer a game goes on the less of a factor that is because the "worst draw" will eventually become "good draws" -- but getting a few spaced out negative things can be really problematic.

Think over the list yourself for another day or two and then make changes after reflecting on it for some time. I talked to Jon briefly about having you get a chance at developing a league, so we'll see what he says. =)

11. tuknir

Ok, will think about it more. A thingy im thinking already, whats a good deck size? i went with 20 but maybe 25ish would be better?

12. tuknir

Ok made some changes, and increased all 3 decks to 23 card total. Seems interesting with the new additions :)

Custom decks:
    2x Shambling Bash
    2x Bash
    2x Lunging Bash
    3x Barge

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this 4 different attacks represent the brute force of the heavy hitter and also give him some movement
    3xStartling Strike
    1x Unnerving Strike

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this 2 different attacks are a good way to remove the high flyer nasty blocks
    2x Parry
    1x Surging Shield Block

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ block cards, after all hes a seasoned fighter with some endurance
    1x Raging Strike
    1x Rage
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ big guy getting mad, hitting harder but also takes more damage
    1x Clumsy
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hes big and bit clumsy, can be anoying if you cant change your facing to attack the other guys
    1x Muscle Through
    1x Charge

1x Tough Hide
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ burst of pure power translated in quick movement to surprise the enemy foes or extra resilience
    1x Shuffle
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ sometimes a extra movement is all it takes to catch someone off-guard

----

2x Dodge
    3x Duck
    1x Disorienting Block
    1x Reflecting Block
    1x Simian Reflexes or 1x Readiness ( same card but more in order with the theme)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hes really fast and hard to hit, also his speed can be used to turn the enemy atacks against themselfs
    1x Blob Of Slime
    2x Hurled Dagger
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ he fights dirty, so he have some ranged attacks
    1x Pressing Bash
    2x Simple Bash
    1x Reactive Trip
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ some attacks that even if they dont hit that hard, push the enemys away or can be used to mess with other guys

4x Cowardly Attack

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ attacks that don't do much damage, but do alot more if the highflyer can use they speed and dirty tricks to flank the enemy

2x Nimble Strike
    1x Fumble
    1x Hit The Deck
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ trying to be fast and hit and dodge at same time etc, can cause some mistakes ( hit the deck is a block sure, but getting pinned down versus the heavy hitter can work againt you)

------

-2x Raise The Alarm
    -2x Twin Heals
    -1x Shuffle, Team!
    -1 x Martyr Blessing
    -1x Healing Blessing
    -1xSoothing Darkness
    -2x Bad Luck
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^the manager wants his team to win so he packs utility to help then in several ways

-2x Battlefield Training
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ giving his team foreign objects to help them cheat to win
    -2x Toughness
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ not "official" part of the match so CAN'T TOUCH THIS (also can be used to help his team)
    -2x Open Wound
    -1x Backbitting Attack
    -1x Violent Spin
    -2x Short Perplexing Ray
    -1x Steal

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ dust to the eyes,or another typical Heel trick to make your team win. and also gives us (the player) to choose if we want to get near the danger
    -2x Unreliable Block
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^last resourt block for a character that isn't a fighter at heart

13. Stexe

It depends how much randomness you want in the map. I made fairly streamlined decks that reduce variance in Monster Hunt (especially for the Chupas). The idea was how many turns does the average game go for and how many times can you go through a deck / reshuffle. I made it especially small for the Chupas so they can redrawn Flight Auras if needed due to them getting both early on and then getting removed or discarded.

Also, if you want a custom card or two made let me know.

14. tuknir

hum maybe a custom card for each char would be cool,will try think of somethign interesting.

Updated list: Deck size reduced to 20 (and +1 custom to be made)

Custom decks:
    2x Shambling Bash
    2x Bash
    2x Lunging Bash
    1x Barge

2xStartling Strike
    1x Unnerving Strike

2x Parry
    1x Surging Shield Block

1x Raging Strike
    1x Rage
    1x Clumsy
    1x Muscle Through
    1x Charge

1x Tough Hide
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ burst of pure power translated in quick movement to surprise the enemy foes or extra resilience
    1x Shuffle
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ sometimes a extra movement is all it takes to catch someone off-guard

----

1x Dodge
    3x Duck
    1x Disorienting Block
    1x Reflecting Block
    1x Simian Reflexes or 1x Readiness ( same card but more in order with the theme)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hes really fast and hard to hit, also his speed can be used to turn the enemy atacks against themselfs
    1x Blob Of Slime
    2x Hurled Dagger
    1x Pressing Bash
    2x Simple Bash
    1x Reactive Trip
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ some attacks that even if they dont hit that hard, push the enemys away or can be used to mess with other guys

2x Cowardly Attack

2x Nimble Strike
    1x Fumble
    1x Hit The Deck
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ trying to be fast and hit and dodge at same time etc, can cause some mistakes ( hit the deck is a block sure, but getting pinned down versus the heavy hitter can work againt you)

------

-2x Raise The Alarm
    -1x Twin Heals
    -1x Shuffle, Team!
    -1 x Martyr Blessing
    -1x Healing Blessing
    -1xSoothing Darkness
    -2x Bad Luck

-1x Battlefield Training
    -1x Toughness
    -2x Open Wound
    -1x Backbitting Attack
    -1x Violent Spin
    -2x Short Perplexing Ray
    -1x Steal

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ dust to the eyes,or another typical Heel trick to make your team win. and also gives us (the player) to choose if we want to get near the danger
    -2x Unreliable Block
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^last resourt block for a character that isn't a fighter at heart

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  15. Stexe

Okay, so any thoughts on changes you want? I'll try to see if Jon can put something together for testing this league. Let me know.

16. tuknir

No not yeat. would like to test this way first and then decide whats needs changing

17. Stexe

I just meant have you thought over the map and made any changes to the game in your head.

18. tuknir

I think the map is good as is. maybe adjsut the victory points..but would like to do some testing before.

19. Stexe

Okay, I'll let Jon know in a few days to see if he can get a test map of it up.