Current MP Map Rotation

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by FinalCheetah, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Is it just me or are all the maps in this set flawed/terrible?

You got one map, where I can just spam flash of agony on another player before they can react since I have line of sight first turn, I thought this was a big no-no for MP map design?

On another map, there are four spawn points with one side of the map having to travel further than the other to get to the lone VP in the centre, which is very easy to hold if you luck out and get 2 priests on the side with the least amount of movement needed.

Then there's the map with a long corridor filled with blocking terrain and lined with difficult terrain, 2 squares thick. The VPs not only have blocking terrain cutting line of sight, but it's also impossible to get to another VP without a moving option that flies or teleports. I have stalemated on this map four times already!

Were these old maps that were created before any MP map design was finalised or something? They're not fun to play on no matter what build you use. Which I don't think I've ever experienced during any MP map rotation that I've seen.

2. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Sometimes you do find some maps that require a completely different approach than your normal style. These maps have a few things in common and those are, there is a lot of LoS blocking and the maps are huge! So consider using either burst or a lot of movement. I'll leave it to you though. Figure it out yourself if you want the points. And also build a good defense strategy. You just mentioned the requirements. You know why. Join a few battles and see the defenses. Watch and learn!

P.S.: Wasn't answering your question. Just defending the map rotation. And yes it's a very old map.

3. I'm having no problems winning on these maps, I just find the design of all of them flawed.

4. CapnSnuggles

CapnSnuggles Kobold

Then why are you complaining? Maybe it's the American or the Texan in me, but when I have an overwhelming advantage I keep my mouth shut and dominate like the good lord Satan intended.

HisRoyalHygiene likes this.
  5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Maps used to be big, those are the last remaining ones that got some space. I personally love it.

6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

that's because you hate elven maneuvers and dwarves, but I've yet to hear you complaining about even more ridiculous burfffft

7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

They are big, but the paths arent constantly littered with difficult terrain either. Not to mention you got actually the option to stand further apart as a team.
    Burffft is a itemization flaw, its only mildly attached to the maps. Ofc its easier to go blind rage vibrant pain dwarf on burst builds when you spawn in their face, but that doesnt undo the existance of too homogenious burst items.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016