[Contest] Die Hard !

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Phaselock, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Four priests are holed up in a stone house having breakfast when the forest grows silent. The eerie stillness is suddenly pierced by the shrill battlecries of goblins !

[​IMG]

Classical easy siege map: play the role of the priests as you fight off the small goblin army. Scalable to 5 goblins per set or drop 1 priest for higher challenge.

Only time for 1...mutters...

Attached Files:

Stexe, Gabbek, tuknir and 1 other person like this.
  2. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

This scenario feels a little more luck-based than usual. I'm pretty sure my entire crew would have been nigh-unavoidably gibbed on round 3 had I not lucked out with a contagion + nimbus combo. On the other hand, having then had the chance to safely maneuver OUTSIDE of the enemy mass, it was easy enough to pick off the rather small number of foes required to be pre-emptively declared 'victorious' in my defence.

YMMV on the difficulty but the map was certainly atmospheric.

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Uploaded v2 of this scenario. Contains the 'noKillPoints' and 'respawnPeriodOne' tags.

This means that the doors, goblins, champs will respawn upon death as long as their spawn points are not occupied. And you get no VPs for killing minions (as was my initial design intention). Adding some dimension to the scenario which wasn't available when the custom game was created then. Enjoy !

Attached Files:

4. Accent

Accent Hydra

The original might be my favorite MM scenario ever (it was moreso prior to adding "may self target" to all the cleric spells, because that gave an interesting dimension to who you buff).

I'd love a mode where you can actually kill all the goblins -- you'd definitely need luck to get there, though.

Stexe likes this.
  5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I'll second this. I used to farm MM#1 and the level 17 encounters on a daily basis and always looked forward to Die Hard. It did have a decent amount of luck, but at the same time I felt like it was one of the most interesting maps. You'd have to balance tricking the AI to hitting their own guys with the ogre, buffing places that are problematic, and adjusting to how the map changes with each turn. Not only one of my fav MM levels ever, but one of my favorite levels in the game.

Also agreed, I haven't tried it since they made Priests be able to buff themselves, but I think that would dramatically make it easier and less interesting.

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Would there be any interest in seeing this as a leaderboard-friendly scenario ? Like @Farbs centurion challenge ? It would become a survivor-type arena defense, 100 vps to win...see who can last the most rounds sorta-endless dungeon thingy ? Leaderboard can show players who've won the most VPs.

Tho I'd really prefer this sorta challenge to be actually in-game, than a downloaded scenario. Food for thought, maybe ?

Stexe and Farbs like this.
  7. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Would be a neat idea to explore. Just do a download scenario that is tracked by Farbs's site for now? That would make it infinitely easier to implement and wouldn't take a lot of time away from other things.

Phaselock likes this.
  8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Attaching the 20VP arena survivor scenario. Gameplay is radically different now, appreciate any tests/feedback. If someone does manage to win, pls post a screenshot ! :)

The following are what I'm considering as viable variants:

a) Quick draw on priests, largely for higher replay value. Afaik, current codes don't support this, so food for thought.
    b) Bringing your own party. hmm...

Any other suggestions welcome.

Attached Files:

Stexe likes this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

That would be hard to do without the doors figure - i hate that too and messed/messes up many of my ideas for maps :(
    Edit: same for point A

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

It'll prolly come up as an expansion feature before moving into the custom scenario codebase. We've gone a long way from having no custom scenario editor to MM to custom tags. And as long as Farbs keeps expanding the editor, I'll keep creating (hopefully) fun variants of Die Hard! Stick around. ;)

BlackVoidDeath and Stexe like this.
  11. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

And same here - if he adds more tags then i would be very exited :p