Congratulations! CH turns 100.000 players old...

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Gentlecow, Aiven, Keyser and 3 others like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yay! Twinkies all around! Never was so much pizza owed by so many to so few!

3. Aviar

Aviar Kobold

Congratulations. The devs have definitely put together a really fun and addictive game here!

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

That's fantastic.

5. renders

renders Kobold

that's good to hear

6. progammer

progammer Ogre

I still feel like a small number of players :( Just hoping that the whale percentage is high enough to keep it going.

7. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

For some reason, only a very small number of people that play a game will actively visit the forums or participate in the community. The majority of people only come for the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the forum doesn't explode with activity.

Not that I understand why this happens, as I personally like visiting the forums and anybody who comes across this post probably does too XD

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Lots of good twitter reactions and reviews. People in the mp lobby don't even know the forum exists. That's saying something!

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Just want to say this: Card Hunter pushed the boundary of f2p with a variant concept of the recipe engine married with the CCG element. They've established that a software based tabletop genre has a market demand and place among the big dogs. Mind you, we've only seen low level single player campaign and basic MP. There are going to be a lot more to do for the coming years. The difficult part is to walk the thin line between introducing new elements, making sure everyone gets paid and expanding the team while still ensuring f2p lives. Tough but not undoable.

Now if Joe says tournaments are next on the menu, I'd hope for more transparent discussion on the various types of format they are going to provide and the associated costs involved. Time for a poll ?

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Huzzah!