compass of (jerks) xorr

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Ledgem, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Ledgem

Ledgem Kobold

I've been at this quest for a while now and died a dozen times and I just can't do it. I'm outnumbered and every enemy evades my attacks or their dice goes up for some reason even if they roll a 1. I don't have access to either in my inventory or the shop more than a single card to remove blocks and there are too many of them to move behind them to ignore the blocks (and my attacks aren't strong enough to take them out in less than 3-4 hits on average, sometimes 2 if I'm lucky). I just can't kill these guys and they do massive damage in return!

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Which of the maps in the adventure do you have problems with? Did you pass the first one? The second one is the hardest in my opinion - just making sure before I give any hints and feedback.

3. Ledgem

Ledgem Kobold

I was stuck on the very first. I just managed to win somehow, they didn't draw blocking cards that time. The second map was actually far easier as I had walls to play with and got lucky with my mage actually drawing her good spells for once. Third one was a breeze as well. The big open area with overwhelming numbers and a ridiculous amount of blocking was just too much to deal with until that one match where I got lucky.

4. Pengw1n

So you beat it? Congrats! :)

5. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

In case people find this later through the search function, maybe spell out a little bit of what does work well here?

Personally, I didn't move from my starting location for any of the fights in this set. I let them come to me. I did have to re play a few times, but I would aim for saving my big attacks for the dogs, and slowly chip away at the humans. Attack with your weak things first to draw out the blocks. Put a Firestorm on your mage since getting that on turn one can really rock (gets the Servants dead fast). Non-armored dogs must NEVER get behind you, but they are INSANELY mobile. Hence wanting to kill them in one shot. Much of the blocking done by the humans is anti-melee, so have your mage chip away at them if he cannot secure a dog kill that turn.

6. Pengw1n

Yeah, that would have been my advice for the first map - for the second would be to go the north-west and finish of those enemies first. There's however already a few search results for Xorr, so I didn't think we needed to go there if the op didn't ask for more help. :)

Suggesting a specific card - firestorm - is probably not helpful, as it's situational to own and draw.