Community Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DenieD, Oct 27, 2012.

1. DenieD

DenieD Mushroom Warrior

Hi guys,

While we wait for the game to release (or beta if your lucky enough) I thought it would be fun to post our own made up ideas for cards, hey who knows Jon might find some of them cool enough to put in the game in some manner (However I should state now the idea of the thread is more for fun than that purpose).

The template should be as follows when posted:

Name:
    Picture (if you have one):
    Type of effect: (I.e. Magic, Arcane - please note some cards don't seem to have a type)
    Item it would be on: (I.e. a movement card would be on Boots usually)
    Description:
    Damage/Movement Value:

[​IMG]

So in the above you can see its Name, Picture, Type of Effect and Item found on, Description and Movement value.

Xaphedo likes this.
  2. DenieD

DenieD Mushroom Warrior

I'll get us started :)

Name: Nimble Jaunt

Type of effect: Movement,Arcane
    Item it would be on: Tricksters Boots
    Description: Move upto 5 spaces this turn, at the end of your next turn you will be teleported back to the space this action started at (If you are incapacitated or silenced on your next turn the teleport will still activate as the spell is already cast at that time). If the destination square is occupied the teleport spell will fail.
    Damage/Movement Value: 5

3. DenieD

DenieD Mushroom Warrior

Name: Repulsion Wave
    [​IMG]
    Type of effect: Magic,Arcane
    Item it would be on: Staff of Enlightenment
    Description: Project a wave of force from your hand that pushes the adjacent target (Friend or Foe) 4 spaces directly away from you; if the target is blocked from moving 4 spaces by terrain or occupied squares inflict 4 damage from the collision -1 damage for each square already moved.
    Damage/Movement Value: 4 damage / 4 movement

4. Xaphedo

Xaphedo Kobold

Neat. Now I finally have an excuse to expose my silly card ideas!

Bloody Mere(Golden)
    Type of effect: Melee, Slashing
    Item it would be on: Sharpened Adze
    Description: Activates upon playing a slashing attack; your target's square becomes slippery as he loses 2 point of damage for 3 rounds.
    Damage/Range Value: 2/1

Planting Crush(Silver)
    Type of effect: Melee, Crushing
    Item it would be on: Marble Mallet
    Description: The enemy gets planted into the ground and he won't be able to move or turn for the next 2 rounds.
    Damage/Range Value: 3/1

By the way, the number at the bottom right corner it's usually the range, not the movement ;)

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Chrono Field Haste(Silver)
    Type of effect: Chrono magic
    Item it would be on: Clock of the chrono keeper
    Description: Until the end of the round using movement cards doesn't shift the active player.
    Damage/Range Value: -/-

Chrono Field Slow(Golden)
    Type of effect: Chrono magic
    Description: Discard all movement cards from all hands.

Time Flux(Silver)
    Type of effect: Chrono magic, Black
    Description: The wizards life becomes 50% of his max life. This card is automatically used when it is drawn from the deck.

The item if i made it based on no testing would have 2 haste 1 slow and 2 flux.

What can i say i like things that look fair on the surface but gets real dirty real fast with some planing around it ;P

6. DenieD

DenieD Mushroom Warrior

Awesome cards guys, very nice :)

Am I to assume Golden/Silver cards are rarer / elite cards?

Mark of the Divine(Silver)
    Type of effect: Magic,Holy
    Item it would be on: Olivanders Prayer Book
    Description: The Cleric marks an enemy, placing a magic infused rune upon them; the next person to damage this target is healed for all damage dealt and the rune is consumed, if the marked target takes no damage for 2 turns the mark detonates healing all adjacent allies for 4 health and the card returns to the clerics hand at the beginning of his next turn (from the graveyard).
    Range Value: 2 (requires LoS)

Reckless Engagement(Gold)
    Type of effect: Physical, Movement
    Item it would be on: Helm of the Ancient
    Description: Red Mist descends upon the Warrior causing him to enter a frenzy with no care for his self preservation, move to the nearest enemy on the board ignoring all terrain such as walls/occupied squares enroute. Discard all cards apart from attack cards and draw 1 random attack card from your deck if you have less than 3 cards.

Shared Fate(Silver)
    Type of effect: Magic, Black
    Item it would be on: Manipulative Voodoo Doll
    Description: The caster chooses any 3 targets within 8 squares (Allied or Enemy), all healing and damage for 1 turn is duplicated across all targets (For example if the Wizard picks an ally and 2 enemies then the ally is hit for 4 damage, both enemies take 4 damage too).
    Range Value: 7

7. Rapid

Rapid Mushroom Warrior

Here is mine:
    [​IMG]

:p (yes, a Rugged Beard should be an equipable item)

8. keg4

keg4 Kobold

You know, i think this would be an amazing card:)

Name: Bacon potion (Amethyst)
    Picture [​IMG]
    Type of effect: Heal.
    Item it would be on: Potion.
    Description:Heals all of the health of all of your characters.
    Damage/Movement Value: -/-

Hum you can't make pictures smaller :(

9. DenieD

DenieD Mushroom Warrior

At least its a nice piece of bacon and not anything horrid lol.

10. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

Where to start? I've been carrying these two around for a while:

Immaculate Memory (Bronze)
    Picture: Brain with a halo
    Type: Boost/Bonus
    Sample Item: Seminary Mnemonics (Priest skill)
    Description: Bring your most recently discarded Holy Magic card to your hand.

Muscle Memory (Bronze)
    Picture: Arm moving really fast?
    Type: Boost/Bonus
    Sample Item: Fast Twitch (Warrior skill)
    Description: Bring your most recently discarded Block or Parry card to your hand.

You can extend the series to all types of cards, of course. I'm guessing Bronze power because it's a card-for-card trade that you know what you're getting.
    Then there's this one I thought of just today:

Prismatic Candle (Paper)
    Picture: Candle flame with colored light all around it
    Type: Magic, Arcane
    Sample Item: Crude Crystal
    Description: For every creature in front of caster, do one of the following based on a die roll:
    1.) Take 1 Damage​
    2.) Take 2 Damage​
    3.) Reveal newest card in hand​
    4.) Nothing​
    5.) Take 1 Damage​
    6.) Heal 1 point​
    (This card is immune to Armor.)​
    Range: Line of sight

I call it Paper because it has only very small effects. But it has lots of tricky details: it affects allies and enemies, the area of effect depends on facing, there's an element of chance... and more. I wonder what a Prismatic Floodlight would do....

We currently know of seven power tiers, ranging from Black (negative) to Amethyst (Fantastic!). Power does not always coincide with rarity, although they are related of course.

11. DenieD

DenieD Mushroom Warrior

Ahh awesome thanks.

In which case, I'll put forward my latest:

Empathic Bond(Silver)
    Type of effect: Magic, Holy
    Item it would be on: Cap of Empathy
    Description: The Cleric prays to his/her God(s), to bestow the target with a great blessing; for the next 2 turns any attacks vs the target cause the attacker to take 2 damage.
    Range Value: Touch (1 square)

Seed of Mistrust(Gold)
    Type of effect: Magic, Black
    Image Description: A Goblin looking sideways at another Goblin behind him, a snarl on his face.
    Item it would be on: Manipulative Voodoo Doll
    Description: For 1 turn the target of this affliction will be deeply hated by all of his/her allies, they will be drawn to attack the target in their mistrust becoming unable to think of anything but his/her total annihilation; this effects all allies of the target within 3 spaces.
    Range Value: 6

12. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Great thread. Hopefully it inspires the Devs with some new ideas of their own, or they might borrow part of one of these player made cards. >^.^<

13. DenieD

DenieD Mushroom Warrior

Cool glad you like it, feel free to jot down your ideas, no matter how stupid; we don't judge here :)

14. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

There's something pretty close to this already.

15. Jon

These are pretty cool. We don't currently have any cards that bring things back from the discard pile, mostly because we haven't done a UI for inspecting those cards yet....

16. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Do you have feedback/mana burn cards ? Say like a spell that destroys spell cards in someones hand and damages them ?

17. peasant

peasant Kobold

Name: Blightning
    Type of effect: Magic, Lightning
    Item it would be on: Staff
    Description: Deal 3 damage to target opponent or ally within range. That target then discards two cards at random and draws a card.
    Damage/Range Value: 3/3

Name: Last Resort
    Type of effect: Weapon attack
    Item it would be on: Double Edged Sword (?)
    Description: Discard all armor and block cards from your hand. For every card discarded this way you deal an additional 8 damage to target. If target is slain draw cards equal to the number you discarded.
    Damage/Movement Value: 8/1

18. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Name: Animate Weapon
    Type of Effect: Control, Physical
    Item it would be on: Staff
    Description: Animates one of your targets weapons, causing a random attack card from that weapons deck to activate on your target, consuming the card.

Jon likes this.
  19. DenieD

DenieD Mushroom Warrior

Name: Mirror Image (Silver)
    Item it would be on: Robe of the Arcane Scholar (Gold)
    Description: The caster creates 4 images of himself in the 4 nearest unoccupied squares, he is then randomly shuffled with one of these images. Images copy all movement / animations of the caster for 2 turns then 1 image dissappears a turn. Images do no damage and dispell on hit.
    Damage/Movement Value: N/A

Name: Arcane Nimbleness (Silver)
    Description: Discard all none arcane cards from your hand, pick any card of your choosing from your deck.
    Damage/Movement Value: N/A

Name: Magic Armor (Gold)
    Description: Attach card to the target, the target gains Armor 3. Return card to your deck after it reacts.
    Range: 5

Name: Arcane Theivery (Gold)
    Description: Steal 1 magic card at random from the enemy target, this card will be placed in your hand for 2 turns or until played. If the target doesn't have any magic type cards in their hand they take 1 damage and must draw 1 less card than normal next turn.
    Range: 6

20. Jon

We have both those things but not on the same card...