Comments and cc on my 2 warrior+cleric human party

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by romakarol, Feb 24, 2016.

1. romakarol

romakarol Kobold

Terrolisteel
    Level 2 Human Priest

Zedale
    Level 8 Human Warrior

romakarol
    Level 9 Human Warrior

So yeah anything you see that could be replaced with something strictly better? I haven't played cardhunter in a very long time, but I remember this party served me very well and I won my return game today so I'm pretty happy with them.

2. romakarol

romakarol Kobold

upload_2016-2-25_2-57-27.png
    upload_2016-2-25_2-58-41.png
    upload_2016-2-25_2-59-47.png
    Graphic representation for those who prefer it

visak13 likes this.
  3. visak13

visak13 Ogre

The priest can use altruism for drawing more heals in a single round and also you're missing purge, good blocks so the martyr blessing won't help the warrior to take those blows with almost 0 armor.

The movement cards are good.

Go for nova axe if you have one. You can change one bejeweled shortsword to double-edged sword to make use of since you don't have armor removal as well.

This deck is good. If you're having fun then keep it as it is but if you are losing a lot then you can consider the alternatives that I mentioned.

P.S.: Typing this on my cell so please use wiki.cardhuntria.com

romakarol likes this.
  4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

As a heal heavy priest accompanying two warriors, talented healer is a valid alternative to altruism for one reason: Initative control.
    With that much cantrip options as the heals+talented offer, you can make sure youre the one to start the next round. So you can have your warriors enter confrontations and heal a bit if needed, but also can make sure youre the one who gets to continue with the first attack once the initial trading of blows is done and the attacks for the round are exhausted.

I see what youre going for with the shields on the warriors, they are meant to kick in once youre martyrs took some lighter blows and need the protection. But in day to day business in the field, you will appreciate more reliable blocks. I suggest you run twisted or hexagon shield on all 3 characters.
    Think about it that way - You only run 2 martyr, if you get them, chances are that one of your guys has pushback parries, some armor or extra mobility while using the other character might be a liablity. Thats when the blessing can do good, when you truely need to expose one of your warriors to danger.

The only enemy armor you should be concerned about is cushioning, since it was designed to set things with bejeweled right. And it does exactly that, it takes those big numbers from you. Frenzy Aura and Surestrike Blessing are options if you dont want to change them up.

visak13 and romakarol like this.
  5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I would argue that Underdog's Shield is actually preferable. Bejeweled warriors are naturally advantaged against most melee due to higher damage output. What they have a serious weakness to are control wizards with Slide 2+ spells. This build has quite a bit of command cards to help combat them but every little bit helps. The most glaring "mistake" on the warriors is the choice of racial skills. Walk Team! is only half effective since the priest isn't a heavy hitter looking to get in on combat. I would try Novice Guidance instead. Jump, Soldier! is both insanely good (on either teammates or enemy characters) and rarely played so no one sees it coming. Vulnerable is a slight concern but hey, they power up those Wounded Blocks.

As for the priest, it seems like you have a limited collection so just work on acquiring upgrades. I would be on the lookout for Jygpin's Healing Ring, Medical Kit, Medical Hypo, and more Silver Healing Rings if your token commitments change. I would also ditch the Blessed Club for Vampire's Blade. Cycling traits is almost as good as getting extra heals and you've already got the Talented Healer to take advantage of vamp attacks. Plus, it occasionally lets your priest get in some beats making your command cards less dead. In the same vein, I'd upgrade the Healer's Spear to one of the heavy hitting double major token healy options like Healing Hand Mace or Glowing Laser Baton. These are again, less commonly played than buff weapons so you can sometimes punish overconfident enemy warriors for their hubris.

visak13, romakarol and Robauke like this.
  6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

In that spirit you could upgrade the manifold healer to Focused Healer and downgrade Hrillia's Healing Ring to another Silver Healing Ring.
    I as well opt you get some Mighty Bludgeons or other high damage on the priest, given you have healing run begging for a high damage attack to accompany it in cantrip mode. Otherwise the priest is lacking movement (on its own), so at least for him consider twisting shield. The priest will be the predominant target of enemy step warriors anyway.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    romakarol likes this.
  7. romakarol

romakarol Kobold

Thanks for the help y'all. Im interested to experiment with altruism vs talented healer

8. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Not when you face a Heartripper and Spark Generator combo. I have killed martyr blessed dwarf warriors when i used to run 2 x Heartripper. But the shield is otherwise very good indeed.

I suggest that you run Altruism and Ballet Shoes and maybe a Parrying Buckler plus a few Inspiring Presence. I found this going very well on my alt and my alt almost made it to 1600.

9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Wounded Block is still 100% better than Pushback Parry against Punishing Bolt. You don't have to check, I've already done the research.