Card Hunter Releases on Steam on the 13th of July!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

2. Jon

Note: the release times got pushed back to 9am PDT (US) - Valve won't let us release outside of their usual business hours. The blog article has been updated with new times, apologies for any confusion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    Stexe likes this.
  3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Some local times for the push back:

• Mon 13 July, 4am GMT (game's time zone)
    • Mon 13 July, 12am EST
    • Mon 13 July, 2pm AEST
    • Mon 13 July, 4pm GMT (game's time zone)
    • Mon 13 July, 12pm EDT
    • Mon 14 July, 2am AEST

4. Jon

No, those times are out by 12 hours. The local times are:
    • Mon 13 July 12pm EDT
    • Mon 13 July 4pm GMT
    • Tue 14 July 2am AEST

Stexe, timeracers and RedNebula like this.
  5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

That's dedication!

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Jon, could you please send the release announcement out also by email to your player mailing list as soon as possible?

As a long-time player of any game, I always find it a touch annoying and disappointing when I hear major release news about it first from commercial outlets instead of directly from the developer even when they have a mailing list and I'm on it. I feel I should be the among the first to get personal notification, before the press releases go out or at least at the same time, not one day or three days or a week later. It would be better for the hype blast and multiplayer server attendance on day zero if everyone found out at the same time, too, old-time lapsed players on the mailing list included. Hope that didn't come out too grumpy.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  7. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I am going to miss the release by 3 hours :( - ah well.

8. Jon

We will be sending a release email but I think we'll hold off on that until we see what the initial numbers are like. It's possible we may have real server load problems on launch day as is. Hope you understand this point of view.

Stexe, Sir Veza, Pawndawan and 4 others like this.
  9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Sure, I now recall wondering if that was maybe an issue while writing the message. I understand completely, just wanted to get that off my chest. It's been bothering me for a while in general, not because of any Blue Manchu actions.

10. Belenus

Belenus Kobold

I'm curious, will the servers be back online earlier then the steam launch, or will it be a simultanious thing?

11. I'm on vacation at that time so I miss the release by a solid week. :(

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Have a great vacation. We'll be here when you get back. :)

Rainingrecon likes this.
  13. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I have the opposite problem. My holidays end on the day of release. I had heaps of free time this week, but tomorrow I'll be back at work. For the next few weeks I expect to be generally overworked... and so I won't be able to play for at least a week - probably longer. :(

14. Jon

It should be roughly simultaneous.

15. Garcia98

Garcia98 Kobold

Now that a Steam client will be launched in two days, do you have planned making an Android (and iOS) client?
    I know that L&L is being developed but that is just not the same (although it can be still pretty good) :p

16. Jon

No, Loot & Legends is the version of Card Hunter on mobile.

17. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, I was wondering how you were releasing outside of Valve's business hours. I know some big companies can get them to release it at 12 AM (when the date changes), but outside of that it is usually at like 9 AM or so.

18. kogi

kogi Ogre

Jon, No linux client? (Just curious)

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The client is written in Flash/AIR and Adobe dropped all support for Linux in 2011. And no SteamOS either since that's built on Linux.

j-wiz likes this.
  20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Jon, if at all possible, please publish an update note also on Steam
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=293260&appgroupname=Card Hunter&feed=steam_client
    every time a new Steam client update is pushed out.

I have the Steam autoupdate on (like most people, I think). When I open Steam and it shows me the latest updates, I check the game update notices while Steam is downloading the updates to see what has changed. It's always disappointing when there's no note from the developers.

"Ooh, release 3.58.001 is out. What changed?"
    *Clicks "News"*
    <crickets>

The Steam shop page for Card Hunter (and every other game) has the link "View update history". It's a good sign when this link opens a long list of recent entries. It means the game is actively maintained and added to and that the developer is actively supporting the players. We all know Blue Manchu already does all this, but please also let the general public know -- via the Steam update notes!

Also, I suspect many prospective buyers, especially multiplayer and/or free-to-play ones, check that link to see if the game is dead or still being actively groomed.

Pawndawan, Bandreus and Stexe like this.