Card Hunter Forum Rules - New Members PLEASE Read

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Megadestructo, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

1. Don’t be a jerk

First and foremost. This includes trolling, posting offensive, racist, hateful, or sexist material. We have a 100% no tolerance rule on this. You will be perma-banned.​

Be respectful. Don't insult people who have a difference of opinion. Don't "start a fight" or "defend yourself" if someone does do that. This is an international community and everyone has different customs and different opinions, but one thing we all have in common is a desire to play Card Hunter. Lean on that.​

Report any harassment or awful behavior to the mods immediately. Let’s keep this a safe place for anybody and everybody.​

Let’s also try and keep our language and subject matter appropriate for everyone.​

2. No Spam

Don’t post links to services, products, or “deals” that are unsolicited. Nobody wants to know how you earned $10,000 a week or how you lost 20 pounds doing this one weird trick. This includes any kind of pyramid scheme or “free” threads. Posting one of these will result in a perma-ban.​

If you have something related to Card Hunter, RPGs, or the like then that will be okay within reason. Examples of what is okay: an article you wrote or where to buy a board game someone is looking for.​

You may post something like this once and only once. First offense will receive a warning. Second offense will result in a temporary ban. Third offense will result in a perma-ban.​

3. No Excessive Bumping

Keep it within reason. If you have new information or something else to contribute. Otherwise let it die. If you don't, it will be treated like spam.​

4. Don’t post copyright-infringing material

Do not upload, attach, or otherwise post any copyrighted material which you are not free to redistribute (subject to the licensing terms of the specific item). If you have a question about having permission to post or attach a specific item, please ask a mod.​

Any posts or threads found in violation of this rule will be edited or deleted, and the poster warned or possibly banned; at our discretion.​

5. Post in the appropriate forum

It’s a time sink to constantly clean up threads and move them around. Please find the appropriate forum to post in before doing so. It’ll save us a lot of headaches.​

6. Don’t expect the devs to reply to your direct messages

It’s pretty awesome that the crew is so hands-on with all of us but they are really busy trying to finish the game. They might reply but please don’t expect it in every case.​

If you have a game-specific question, please post it in one of our Beta forums. Otherwise you can direct your questions and ire to me.​

7. Avatars - keep it tasteful.

If there's a question of "is this appropriate?" then don't do it.​

8. Above all else, observe Rule 1 and have fun!

Everything else will fall in line. :)

spacedust, zologan, Chris and 3 others like this.
  2. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I allowed more than one account?

Nope. One is good. If we find you’ve made multiple accounts, we will close the others and issue a warning. A second infraction will result in a ban.​

What happens if I break a rule?

Generally you’ll be given a warning because we’re all nice here. If the offense is egregious enough then it can result in a perma-ban or possibly even revocation of your Beta Access if you have it.​

What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?

Please report the thread/post immediately. We’ll take care of it from there.​

When in doubt, ask a mod about the topic of your thread or post. They will be able to tell you if it violates the rules or not. If your thread or post is removed and you do not receive an email or PM about it, then ask a mod why it was removed.​

Do not re-post your thread or start another one complaining about your thread being removed.​

What if I have more questions?

Send a mod a private message and they’ll get back to you as soon as they can.​

I have Hotmail and it flags your mail as Spam! Help!

Add info@cardhunter.com to your contacts. That might get the confirmation email through the spam filter.​

Oh no! I'm having issues with Card Hunter!

Drop a line to support@cardhunter.com or post in our Support Forum for the quickest response!​

3. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

This helps us a lot as the forums grow, it takes more and more time to comb through each day and we may not be able to get to all the posts and review each and everyone like we would like to.

Thanks Card Hunters!

Megadestructo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.