Card Hunter Branded Merch/Swag?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hajeil Sounak, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Hajeil Sounak

Hajeil Sounak Mushroom Warrior

Will you guys eventually be providing a merchandise store where we can purchase Card Hunter branded tshirts, posters, etc? I hope so. I'd totally load my money gun and fire it at you for a black tshirt with the Card Hunter logo on the front and a black tshirt with the main characters on the front. Heck, make a black tshirt with the logo on the upper back and the main characters on the front too while your at it. Or maybe the Card Hunter logo small and on the left or right breast with the main characters printed large on the back. Just some ideas, although I'm sure your team has already tossed some merchandise ideas around, to bring in some more revenue from us fans that would like to support you and be walking billboards for what looks to be an awesome game. :)

Pixel and Ystin like this.
  2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Look. Those ideas are good and all. But WHAT, I ask you, is the card suite?

3. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

You know, a card suit. But with Card Hunter cards, obviously. Great marketing!

Ystin likes this.
  4. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

That's a lot of cards, you'd have to blow all your Talents equipping one item. It better have lots of green and purple abilities.

Ystin likes this.
  5. Sir Knight

Actually, in addition to joking around, I'm referencing real-world merchandise that has a "redeem online for an in-game bonus!" thing. I've usually seen this marketed to children by, e.g., a doll having some stupid online counterpart if you log on to their home page.

But here, if 1) people are paying money for online "clothing" items (armor, boots, et cetera) that give cards, and 2) people are paying money for real-world clothing items, then 3) Blue Manchu can combine them. Buy real-world black shirt, earn online Black Shirt item, equip for some card suite.

The card suite would still be made from completely normal cards seen online; the only difference would be the unique item name and graphic.

Thoughts?

Ystin likes this.
  6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I'm starting to think about good ways to get merch made now. I'd like to do something cooler than just a Cafe Press store front with some mugs and stuff. But I didn't think there would be a big demand before the game is actually released - maybe I'm wrong on that though.

I definitely want to sell real world Boots of Stumbling and Tripping though.

Timaeus, Pixel and Ystin like this.
  7. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

I do like the idea of tied-in merchandise. Personally, I pretty much never wear branded clothing. That doesn't stop all sorts of other people from buying them and online benefits would be a great selling point.

The hardest part will be that people who buy Card Hunter® Black Teesᵀᴹ would be happiest if their character is actually wearing a black t-shirt. Not going to happen. I don't necessarily think that BM would miss out on sales, but we might see a constant stream of "Oh, it's too bad they need to fix it so we can" on the forum.

8. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

Dolls with stupid online counterparts ain't just for children anymore. :D

I like the Card Hunter shirt I got at PAX. Its design was a lot cooler than a plain ol' Card Hunter logo. :)

That said, I would talk to the kids over at Fangamer. They do all their shirt design themselves, and have them printed on really nice American Apparel tees at a keen place here in California. Easily the best feeling and nicest looking t-shirts I've ever bought, and I believe they're also branching out into fulfillment/pick-and-pack partnerships. They did all the item fulfillment for the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter, for example.

9. Hajeil Sounak

Hajeil Sounak Mushroom Warrior

Could you link a pic of the shirt you got at PAX for us to see?

10. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

I... can't seem to find one, which is weird, because I swear the whole Blue Manchu team was wearing them on Friday. If I remember, I will take a pic of mine tonight when I get home.

11. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Yes. Please.

12. Pixel

Pixel Kobold

i think from the beginning i fell in love with the 'faux' game pieces - I'd definitely have a few of those on my desk :) They'd be a great alternative to the usual 3d miniatures that you usually get with games, although i wouldn't say no to a miniature dragon (and i would also unashamedly buy the mug - preferably from a cooler than cafe press store front :))

Ystin likes this.
  13. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

Only days late! :)

[​IMG]

mightymushroom and Ystin like this.
  14. Sir Knight

Ooh, a giant. Giants are fun.

Though, regrettably, the implied 3-D in that graphic (characters standing above or below others) is not a game feature.

15. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Don't worry. The tshirt shows 2D representation of a module cover's 2D representation of a 3D scene, and 2D module covers are a game feature!

Pixel and mightymushroom like this.
  16. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Lol. Actual board game not included. That's amazing. Well done BM.

17. FalconGK81

FalconGK81 Orc Soldier

My favorite is "For Adults Ages 10+". Fantastic!

Pixel and Ystin like this.