Can't get rid of Cuthbert Clothing prompt

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Oberon, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

The game seems to be more or less unplayable. Upon logging in I get the Cutherberts Clothing prompt from Gary. If I enter that store and leave, the prompt reoccurs. If I enter any other area the prompt reoccurs when I leave.

Adventures now won't load. I've tried to restart the game, also cleared cache and restarted, but the issue persists.

Sometimes when I reload, the locations don't load properly either.

Attached Files:

2. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Well I can load adventures now.

This is odd though, I kust beat Slubgum's sanctum, so new prompts came up to introduce me to multiplayer, when that finished it was back to Cuthbert's prompts.

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Maybe Cuthberth might be an issue of us already owning skins if we bought pizza in the beta?

I have yet to reach Cuthberts myself, and prompt hasn't showed. Had an issue with the recruit prompt however.

4. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

When I enter cuthbert's no other prompts appear, what's the normal activity that occurs here? I tried buying a costume but that didn't clear it.

5. Pengw1n

That is what clears it usually. I'll check behaviour for me in a bit.

(it might all be related to server overload in the end - stuff not triggering due to load and sticking)

Oberon likes this.
  6. Zureiya

Zureiya Kobold

i'm not getting rid of it either, finished 4 more adventures, but it pops up again everytime.
    I also got the beta skins

7. maurtheus

maurtheus Kobold

Same here. Forever getting prompt. Cuthbert is a really insistent fellow!

8. Pengw1n

Ok, no Cuthbert issue here. Prompt once, beta pizza holder, did not spend the 80 free pizza on recieving them, relog - prompt does not reappear.

9. maurtheus

maurtheus Kobold

Actually, my Cuthbert bug didn't happened the first time I was prompt but way later at around beneath the frozen earth

10. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Hey everyone! Can you please let me know your game log-in names and the exact place you're seeing the prompt?

11. Zureiya

Zureiya Kobold

My login name is Zureiya. after each completed adventure, the map will focus on cuthbert's shop and the text prompt pops up.
    clicking cuthbert's shop then does NOT trigger the following dialog prompts, which would probably explain the functionality of the shop. leaving the shop will just show the first dialog again.

it even happens when i go back to the map during an adventure, as seen in the following screenshot.

Attached Files:

12. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Okay, thanks!

13. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Oberon. And pretty much any time you load the campaign map. So the first time you log in, complete an adventure, leave a store, return to campaign from MP, etc...

14. Same problem here. Login is Mokka, and the prompt pops up every time I open the campaign map.

15. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

After the last server reboot seems to have cleared up for me now.

16. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Excellent!

17. Ail

Ail Kobold

I've got the same problem. Server restarts didn't help.

18. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Got you marked down for a fix!

19. mcslides

mcslides Kobold

I get the notification every time I enter the world map, and it seems to make it unable to scroll the map while its there.

20. Zureiya

Zureiya Kobold

posting to say that it disappeared after a certain adventure (not sure which one, was sometime yesterday).
    Not sure if that was because you fixed my account, or some other event fixing the triggers.