Can't even start game...

Discussion in 'Support' started by TRJA, Jul 31, 2013.

1. TRJA

TRJA Kobold

I just got my Beta Invite...did everything in e-mail...went to page it says to start game...

But all that I see on the page is the Card Hunter Manual. Nothing loads, nothing happens.

What am I missing?

I read other posts about "can't play"..but they are about errors, I am not even getting to a log in point to get an error

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

3. TRJA

TRJA Kobold

Yep that is the exact page...I have restarted my comp twice...re-opened the page multiple times, and have now let it sit on the page for about 5 mins, and nothing happens.

4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Do you mean the blue box with the soda can and cheese snacks on each side?

What browser are you using? Check that you have the latest Flash player installed.

5. TRJA

TRJA Kobold

Just The card Hunter blue Manual shows...no soda can or cheese snacks. I am using Firefox, and flash player 11.8.800.94.

I finally went to my wife's comp and went to the site from her comp..same browser Firefox 22 and flashplayer 11.8.800.94, and it works.

The only difference's between my comp and her's is that her's is newer..she has Win 8 64..and my comp is Win7 64. So not really seeing what the problem on my comp can be.....

6. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Farbs likes this.
  7. TRJA

TRJA Kobold

WOOT! Thank You so much...I did everything listed on that site....opened new tab went to the live.cardhunter.com site, and it loaded up log-in screen instantly!

Thanks all for being so friendly and helpful to a newb. :)

8. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Glad you got through, Happy Card Hunting!

Farbs and Jon like this.
  9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Thanks skip!

10. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

No probs, happy to help.

11. Cairnius

Cairnius Kobold

I am having the same issue. I cannot open the game when I use Chrome. When I go to live.cardhunter.com I see "Card Hunter" in white letters on a black screen, with "Checking server status" underneath it in white letters in a smaller font, and then the window goes and remains entirely black.

The tab does read "Card Hunter - Flash Player," however.

I am running Windows Vista 32-bit, and Chrome version 21. I have disabled Chrome's intergrated Flash plugin and updated both my Flash and Shockwave plugins to be current. I have emptied my Chrome and Flash caches. Still isn't working in Chrome.

Card Hunter runs fine on Firefox.

Any ideas? I don't use Firefox for anything other than Card Hunter. Would like to add Card Hunter to the list of reasons why I no longer need Firefox. :)

12. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Are you getting any errors in the javascript console in chrome? (Found in the chrome menu to the right of the address bar, under Tools -> Javascript Console).

13. Cairnius

Cairnius Kobold

14. Cairnius

Cairnius Kobold

Did this ever get looked at? The game still isn't working for me in Chrome.

15. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

The game servers are currently offline as we're preparing them for live release (in about 4 hours).

16. Cairnius

Cairnius Kobold

Okey-dokey. Will try it tomorrow and then check back here if need be. Thanks for the quick reply! :)

17. gravitygroove

gravitygroove Kobold

Does not work in chrome for me either, tried to play for the first time, tried everything suggested, will not work no matter what i do. Same java error as above:

Viewport target-densitydpi is not supported.
    payments.html?formFactor=DESKTOP&rh=009a5d1d46da46d374d74c650d0c3aff:4​

and yeah, i tried turning all extensions off, i tinkered with all my flash setting, i disabled hardware acceleration, cleared my flash cache, deleted folders, etc etc.

What gives?

18. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Kobold

I'm having a similar problem. I've done all the troubleshooting steps suggested. I checked the Java console and I also got the "Viewport target-densitydpi is not supported" and "payments.html?formFactor=DESKTOP&rh=009a5d1d46da46d374d74c650d0c3aff:4" messages.