Can't complete pizza purchase through PayPal!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Novas, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Novas

Novas Kobold

I have had no issues before. On October 14th I was able to purchase the Basic Edition and $20 dollars worth of pizza. Yesterday(Oct. 16th) I was also able to buy $20 dollars worth of pizza. Now today (Oct. 17th) I am trying to get $50 dollars worth of pizza, and it won't let me complete the purchase. Every time I try to complete the purchase, it gives me an error. Ok.. I was just able to buy another $20 dollars worth of pizza no problem! I will note this, when I try to buy $50 dollars worth of pizza with my PayPal account, I am sent a text message to my mobile phone with a code I must enter on the PayPal site. It is an added security measure that prevents someone from making fraudulent charges to my account. I have never had it activate before. I even made a $100 dollar purchase from Ebay last week, and it didn't ask for the code. I don't know why it would for Card Hunter. Anyway, I will assume that the security feature is messing up the transaction process from PayPal to Card Hunter's website. Any insight into this would be appreciated. I can turn the security feature off, but like I said, it has never been needed before, so I don't know why it is activating for Card Hunter, and not anything else I do.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hi, sorry to hear about that. I'm pretty sure that's something that's happening entirely within Paypal and, so, not something we can do anything to fix. However, if you would like to email support@cardhunter.com with your account name we'll take a look at the problem and see if we can gather any more information on it.

3. Novas

Novas Kobold

I believe it has to do with something at your end. I have made hundreds of purchases through Paypal, and have never, ever, had a problem before. Don't you think it's strange how I can purchase $20 dollars worth of pizza just fine, but not $50 dollars when I am asked for a security code? The purchase only craps out when it comes back to your website to finish it. Maybe the fact that your not a US based company has something to do with it? I spent 30 plus minutes on PayPal's website trying to find out why it was happening. I have now sent PayPal an email trying to figure this out!

4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I'll take a look and see if Paypal is telling us anything.

5. Novas

Novas Kobold

I don't know what it could be. I will get back to posting anything I find out from PayPal.