Can free stuff be told about in many places?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by BlackVoidDeath, Jan 16, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Today i had some free time and stumbled on dis and got very angry because i only found out about it today :( but thats too late and prizes have been handed out already :( - can free stuff be told about in more places - eg when we log in could it say something like: go the the forums to get free stuff! or a literal link to the thread where we get that? plz plz plz i got very angry when i found out i was late :( :mad:

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I think the news text you see when you log in is hard coded and can only change with a new build.

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

That would require creating a new build every time there was an announcement and then another build to remove the announcement, that hardly seams reasonable (and Flaxative did announce that give away in MP chat many times while it was going on). Frankly there's an announcement section of the forums for a reason, if you want to be up to date on announcements it's as simple as checking that section regularly, it's not like you have to chase info down in weird and random places.

Accent likes this.
  4. You can also go to that forum and click "Watch Forum" and then "New Thread": then you'll get an email for each new thread and won't even need to remember to check.

Foz likes this.
  5. BlackVoidDeath

i guess he kep saying it when i was away or sleeping :(

6. BlackVoidDeath

i hardly ever go into my email

7. FWIW, alerts are also highlighted in the upper right as you're reading the forums.

8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

You could also try following @BlueManchuGames on twitter. The most important stuff usually gets tweeted about in a timely manner.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

dont have twitter :( - should probably get it

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You don't need Twitter to see what we post—just check that URL occasionally, or look at the front page of Card Hunter where our tweets show up :)

11. BlackVoidDeath

ok then please give me a link :)

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It is literally in the post you quoted above. ...

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  13. BlackVoidDeath

and so you did :p