BVD MAPS - Dinner Disturbance

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by BlackVoidDeath, May 30, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Dinner Disturbance

Story:

Lord Batford has invited his brother, Lord Stafford, over for a meal, but they are interrupted by some angry monsters that have followed Stafford to the Manor, Alet Zhav and Duke Oggencot in the lead are going to do an assassination attempt on both the lords. The two lords have decided that this is just a minor inconvenience and will eat while their Mercenaries defend them, occasionally bashing the monsters away if they get too close or throwing the dinner cutlery at the monsters to keep them at bay. Unfortunately the Mercenaries are strong but stupid and have no idea how to open doors so the lords will have to defend themselves until the Mercenaries get to them!

Dinner Disterbence.jpg

Epilogue:
    Finally the two lords have finished feasting, and can retreat into the manor and the rest or the Monsters can be cleared away by the new backup Mercenaries.

Tips:
    • Focus down Alet Zhav first of all, because the lords are fragile they will quickly wither away from Alet's ranged attacks.
    • Team Shift can move your doors, to get them into a better positions.
    • Leadership is a very powerful card - you get to double swap your cards in the Mercenaries hand.

Please give productive feedback & how I can improve this thank you.

Attached Files:

Flaxative likes this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

I made this scenario MUCH harder by taking one of the Spear Mercenaries away.
    I won 9/10 times in the last scenario, now its a 50/50 - maybe about 45/55.
    Tell me your stats - how many times out of how many times you played, thanks!

Attached Files:

3. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

1 win out of 1 try :p

Was fun!

4. BlackVoidDeath

Give it about 5 tries then give me your results please.

5. haesslicherBob

Ok, I replayed it 4 times. Another 4 wins. So 5/5. May be I was just lucky... I think the difficulty is just right for MM.

Strategy: I bashed the left door away, so that the 18hp merc was on the "doorstep" on round one.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  6. BlackVoidDeath

Well done, thats one way - but yes I think luck had something to do with this as well :)

7. BlackVoidDeath

No, I dont think it was you getting lucky - I played through this map a few times again and havnt lost - I think I was just unlucky when I first tried.
    Any ideas on how to make the map harder?
    If noone has any suggestions then I have an idea that only the Lords can score on the VP terrain like in oozeball - but I would need the dev's help ( @Flaxative ? I am guessing you because you are in charge of MM) with that because I dont have access to tiles / the coding that goes into oozeball.

8. haesslicherBob

As I said, the difficulty feels in line with the recent MM-maps. You´ll win if you do not play too stupidly but you are under constant pressure. Additionally, I like that you are not dependent on good draws in order to win (like in some old MM maps). Thumbs up!

If you really want to make it more difficult, add another entrance for the monsters, so that you may be swarmed from more than one side. At the current state, monsters block each others movement if you manage to block the entrance with a mercenary.

9. BlackVoidDeath

Where do you suggest that I add a new entrance?

10. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I'd probably make a small chamber for the zombies to come up from just off of the large blank wall in the main room. Maybe flavor it as a dumbwaiter or drain or something? Another interesting thing that could be done (though I'm not sure if it should be done) would be to have the front doors in an "open" position, where they're tucked into the walls - their zone of control would stop enemies from running right in, but odds are you wouldn't draw a Team Shift in time to really close off your opposition, giving you something more to worry about as your mercs try to make it over.

Pawndawan and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  11. BlackVoidDeath

Dinner Disterbence Harder.jpg
    Made an even harder version, still easy - I do think that if only the Lords could score VP then it would make it as hard as it should be.
    Please give feedback!

Attached Files:

12. BlackVoidDeath

Map posted - I played through it and it seems much better difficulty-wise from what I started with.
    Thanks @Inkfingers for the "Zombie chamber" idea.

13. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I just played through your new version several times - I really like the feel of it. It is challenging, but not overwhelming, and the fact that you can lose a lord and still win makes me laugh - noble mealtime is cutthroat, clearly. :D

A very successful map, IMO.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  14. BlackVoidDeath

Yeah that is an issue, but I tried bypassing it by saying this in the story:
    So even if the lord(s) have been battered into bacon slices, they can still be carried to safety :p
    Anyway, I am done with this map, I got an idea for a new one, but it will take a while to create - look forward to that tomorrow :)