Beta is a LIE!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Whiteowl, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Whiteowl

Whiteowl Kobold

Damn things to good, to addicting. I love it but im afraid to lvl because i know it'll be wiped. Im so torn. I can certainly see myself playing this game a long long time. Ty BMC team, it's awesome. But my kids hate you. Im taking their computer time ;)

2. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

Ah, but we knew that this memory wiping was to be expected when we signed up. We're here to make sure the games not broken, not to compleatly mess around. After all, that's our job as the testers, right?:D

Pengw1n likes this.
  3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I feel that if someone wants to just mess around that is their god given right. I personally have a absurd love for the game and for that reason i will do my utmost to make sure the game is in tip top shape at launch. But at the same time i don't look down on anyone who thinks or acts differently.

Gabbek likes this.
  4. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Given the beta-pizza, it's pretty easy for anyone to just break the balance (although on release, I wouldn't be surprise if some rich person out there do it too) by spending thousands on chest to get decked out in low level legendaries that require no talent (the double firestorm one in particular will really let you ezmode a lot of contents)

So an on-release wipe of items should be expected.
    Admittedly if they decide to 'thank' beta testers by letting us keep the characters (no items, but with some gold/pizza for being beta testers) that might be plausible.

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Doubt we'll keep anything from beta, they've already stated wipes WITHIN beta is something we should expect. True, as testers we might get something - but doubt it's anything like that, more likely some kind of cosmetic thing, knowing BM's view on pay to win. We already have a head start in game knowledge compared to any potential new whales.

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Just a heads up to either ease or horrify the pay to win people even before they added more items 40k pizza still only got me one of those legendary rings and left me with 5 hours of selling crap items so my game wouldn't crash when i opened a shop.