Beta Build 1.8 (30 Jan 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

A new build!
    • Added art for Arcane Spray card.
    • Log chest loot generation.
    • Added art for Powerful and Able Bash cards.
    • Added card art for Force Blast.
    • Add updates to push content to a CDN to the deployment script.
    • Initial work on deployment script.
    • Close the 'waiting for ranked match' dialog when the player leaves the lobby.
    • Fix the green screen of death after MP matches.
    • Added art for trained and Able bludgeon cards.
    • GameOverPhaseCommand doesn't process any instructions (might fix battle continuing after end).
    • Rebuilt fungus warrior.
    • Fix path to metrics DB creation script.
    • Remove old table from db permissions list.
    • Added Force Blast and Arcane Spray cards; made Acid Blast uncommon instead of common.
    • Updated item art to match new spear/dagger changes.
    • Use correct db script name in automating creation.
    • Fix up db create scripts to not require db root user for one procedure.
    • Don't assume database exists when database creation is required.
    • Added monster attack card art.
    • Change database users to work for connections other than from localhost, so the database can be hosted on a separate machine from the game.'
    • Fixed prison corridor victory squares.
    • Added 11 new low-level common/uncommon Arcane Items.

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

That's gonna be fun.
    That's gonna be . . . a lot of Arcane Items, really. Do we need more? I have one of basically every combination of low-level spell by now. At least I thought I did.

Did you add more types of spells, or just fill in gaps in the combinatorics?

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Can only assume they are for this part.

"Added Force Blast and Arcane Spray cards; made Acid Blast uncommon instead of common."

4. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

I like that one....

5. Jon

There are a lot more items coming to fill out the rarities roughly equally across all slot types.

Zalminen likes this.
  6. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Lovely stuff, thanks.

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I see a lot of build announcements but I don't hear the devs saying what needs to be tested/verified post build. Looking at the new list and removing the passive changes, there seem to be a new deployment script, DB changes etc... How can I test these ?

Pls lemme know how I can help as a beta tester, thanks. If you need to reset me, pls go ahead.:)

Jon likes this.
  8. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

I agree with Phaselock.
    If you need some specific test, let us know, and if you need to reset, do it.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I'm all game for a reset all i ask for is a 24 hour warning so i can record some stuff beforehand for the sake of information and nostalgia!

10. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

I'm just honored to be involved in making this great game even better, so if there is anything specific you need tested and I could help, I would love to.

11. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

There's not much to test on your end for most of those. They're largely related to the process of getting builds deployed on the (coming soon) new servers in a much more automated manner. That involves things like backing up the database and servers before trying to deploy a build, so we can roll things back to before the new build if something goes wrong. And, um, not trying to connect to the game database during build deployment to a brand new server that hasn't had its database created yet, because that doesn't work too well.

There are a few you can test. You can make sure you don't get the green screen of death anymore after a multiplayer battle. There's still a lot of work to do in the lobby, but at least it shouldn't be invisible now when you return to it after a battle. You can also generate a bunch of loot from chests so we can see that our logs of that data are correct (especially noting when you don't get loot so we can see what's showing up in the logs in those cases).

We also catch a lot of issues just through having a bunch of people playing the game. I try to make a habit of checking each day to see what errors cropped up in the log files on the server in the last day and adding tasks for us to fix them. The number of those is getting smaller and smaller, which is good.

Scyrax likes this.
  12. Jon

This is much appreciated. I'll try to start appending notes to the builds requesting particular things to be exercised!

Ponyboy, Scyrax, Wozarg and 1 other person like this.