Beta Build 1.19 (14 Mar 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This is a quick new build designed to fix the ranked matchmaking again! A bunch of other fixes crept in. Some of these changes have been pushed up previously as I did some quick patches over the last day.

Once again, please try ranked multiplayer. It should be working now... I hope.

Multiplayer
    Fixed indexing into pool entries in ranked game matchmaker.
    Fixed matchmaker returning while processing pool removals.
    Added a try/catch block around the entire matchmake() function to catch further exceptions.
    DB Patch AI Karen to Amy.
    Battle join warns if no AI monsters found instead of crashing.
    Add a bunch of error handling to the MP matchmaking functions
    Break up the function that starts multiplayer battles to make it easier to debug.
    Add some thread safety to the ranked multiplayer queue
    Fixed the chest shop in MP context.
    Fixed some cards in MP AI decks.
    Added a bunch more logging to the matchmaker.
    Doubled the initial ranked game search width and the growth.
    New MP lobby location layout, to match concept.

Tutorial
    Tried to harden up various parts of the tutorial to game exit or crashes.
    Control click is disabled when no collection present.
    Added a kobold killer prompt.
    Clarified prompt re: regrouping in adventures after loss.

Figures
    Replaced Melvelous art
    Added figure art for 2 shades of cockroach and fixed kobold spearman portrait
    Added Kobold with shield figure

Item Art
    fixed hard hide armor item art name
    Added new staff and robes item art
    Added new boots and helmets item art

Login
    Login panel comes back after failed login.

Cards
    lowered intro levels of some skill cards

Campaign
    modified Melvelous boards for Against the Filth
    Changed Cockroaches to two groups from four in Against the Filth
    Added First Against The Leeches Map, Into the Filth.

Story
    Corrected typos across all of Gary's Prompts
    Added briefing and debriefing text to Lair of the Rose Dragon and Against the Cockroaches.
    Revised to correct typos in all briefings and debriefings.

Internal Stuff
    Add some additional utility functions to log exceptions

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

AI rating inside the leaderboard and rating when you get them in the pvp game are different. Need to rack more games to see if I can get Melvin, Amy's good. But elves...meh :p

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Met up with Amy for the first time, she was quite good - good to see someone daring to go elf! Last I saw Melvin (last night) he had like 800 something, but leaderboard says 260. Amy says 620 something - but she had 1200+ when I fought her, so as Phaselock says - those ratings are very much off. Maybe true rating is doubled the listed value?

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

ok, I guess the next thing to fix is the chat. Specifically, the 'exits' are confusing. I've gotten it myself and prolly done it to others. Mid-chat, matchmaker kicks in and whoever I'm chatting to 'exits the room'. I'm like, huh ? :confused:

So the suggestion is:
    Amy challenges Phaselock to battle !

or for players exiting to other rooms:
    Phaselock goes off to check on his troops !
    Phaselock goes shopping for better troops !
    etc.

5. Pengw1n

Yeah, alerts like that would be great - and possibly have chat remain, even if it's non-visible until you return for visiting the store, leaderboards et c. Then like you guys said, this is a WIP bare-bones lobby, so I guess that type of finesse is something planned.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Cockroaches. Cockroaches. Not to mention this lovely turn of phrase:
    Am I missing something? Is there some other adventure that will appear on the map once I replay the appropriate piece?

7. Pengw1n

They are working on at least 2 adventures atm, If I understand stuff correctly. Melvelous - and this cockroach thingie (Against the Cockroaches), also mentions of Leeches. I asked about Melvelous, and got the reply "not done yet" more or less.

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Just had the most insane fight ever against Amy. One 3 hp wizard and her priest left she heals to full drawing a drain attack every 2-3 turns we both need 1 star to win so have to hold vp or just lose. I 5+ dodge 4 times over a few turns while whirl winding only to have her back in before the end of the turn. Then i have the win no moves left on her and i whirlwind and she randoms the square she was standing in! Rage! tears... Questioning if there is a god? Then i get it my firewall and manage to stay alive long enough to win. Clutch win and probably the most nail biting and interesting match i had so far in this game.

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hang on. The text on the card says "a random unoccupied square." I'd wondered about that: did they mean that this guaranteed you would NOT land in the square where you'd initially stood?

From your experience, this is not true. As such, they might want to remove the word "unoccupied" to avoid this interpretation.

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

That is true tho its a matter of interpretation as they used to leave the field and then come back but i get what your saying

11. Jon

Fixing the chat window is on the to-do list.

12. Jon

I should re-word the card. I fixed the bugs by changing the algorithm and it now can leave you where you are.

13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Not sure if this is related to this patch but it seams better than necroing old patch notes. Should officers harness really be the worst one in the series of currently 3 as far as i know? Sounds like it should be very impressive and its a rare but its also the worst one by far.

14. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Is it possible to have a server up / down note on the forum or log-in page?

15. Jon

Yes, we should do that. I'll note.

16. Pengw1n

Oooh, Melvelous. NOW I get it...

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Haven't been able to get Melvin in MP at all.

18. Pengw1n

Poor Melvin has probably dropped out of your range Phase. I saw Amy had recuperated some points when I fought her last - which was kinda cool, knowing she was hard for some people made her feel balanced. I lose the occasional matches to her myself.

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Sadly most of those points are probably from me as i imagine she gets a good 80 ish points and when i get greedy with my flames i lose

Pengw1n likes this.
  20. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Wozarg loses? This cannot be! :eek:

I've had Melvin, a few days back, but never Amy. I'll have to rectify that. If I can find time to play today. :/