Beta 2.9 (10 May 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, May 10, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This time we've fixed pizza purchases for non-English character names for real (we hope!).

There's a new full-screen button on screen (the skin is still being worked on).

Bunch of balance changes. White Star should be a quite a bit easier now.

Pizza
    • Check in the fix for non-ASCII character handling in paypal notifications in a way that won't get reverted the next time someone publishes a build. This should really fix missing pizza deliveries for people with non-English characters in their names!
    • updated pizza menu icons
    Audio
    • tweaked Loot drop sounds again
    Balance
    • Reduced the Copper Golem's hit poits from 35 to 27;
    • Removed two Kobold Avengers and 1 Kobold Spearman from Gleaming Cavern
    • Removed One Servant from Prison Warden
    Campaign
    • Fixed forum typos in scenario briefings.
    • Fixed typo in compass of Xorr cover
    Tutorial
    • Stopped Gary hopping around when narrating greenfang intro.
    • Revised the greenfang one prompts a bit.
    UI
    • Relabel the done button when looting.
    • Added a fullscreen button.
    Hints
    • Added some more hints.
    Client
    • Added favicon to client folder.
    Multiplayer
    • Updated Ranked game module cover
    Internal stuff
    • Patch in privileges for some missed metrics views.
    • Added adventure stats metrics proc.
    • Added battle_win_percent routine to metrics DB.
    • Add hourly average peak users view to metrics

Megadestructo likes this.
  2. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Love the new sounds! <3 thx!

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

I like the new loot drop sounds.

The copper golem and those kobolds were my biggest issues so I thank you folks for that. The prison warden didn't seem that tough initially. I'm interested in checking those levels out again.

4. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

There was a big difficulty spike at level 6 that was pretty brutal. Hopefully these changes will smooth this out. Please send us your feedback on these changes.

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Heh. Do you folks have a pile of "loot audio" sitting around, and your plan is to toss it at us players until something sticks? I sure am amused playing again and again just to hear the new sounds.

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

That is interesting because as a experienced player the warden was the only thing that gave me trouble and I'm at lvl 15 currently

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Probably luck. I usually kill him in within the first round and then have to contend with the dog.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

I just played through The White Star. It was much more manageable this time around. However, I've had my gear wiggled around with since my first encounter with that adventure... so I think it is still pretty tough but more reasonable at least. I can beat the copper golem that was nerfed... but man, I probably lose that battle 2 out of 3 times even when I'm spec'd for armor destruction.

I'm going to continue posting to my own thread about other things... but thinking about trogs and golems reminds me that perhaps an Armory button needs to be added to the adventure screens prior to the 1st map. It is easier to just click where you want to go instead of remembering that you have to go to a shop or the keep to change out y'r gear. Then when you forget, you have to back out and go elsewhere. :)

9. McFluffins

McFluffins Kobold

Uhh, I loved the old loot sounds way more than current ones.

Nice to see often updates though :)

10. Sir Knight

I like them in different ways.

I believe the previous batch made really good "classic mystery" sound flourishes. The current batch seems more on target for fantasy, but seems somehow . . . too long. Imagine if, say, you trimmed each one in half and just kept the second half of the flourish: the different flourishes for different rarities have the most interesting (and different) part of their sound in the second half.

That way they'd be more like the loot sounds from when beta began: the first sound set hit you with a solid sound when the loot hit the "table," but the current one keeps playing after the loot is already done moving. Cut the length in half, and focus on only the notes that are unique to each rarity, and I think you'd have a winner here.

11. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

personally the original loot sounds were the best and these newest ones are grating. Thanks for constantly trying new ones guys but this last set is actively stopping me playing

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Maybe the loot sounds should be played by a lute?

irongamer and Dark Wolfe like this.
  13. Sir Knight

Hey, remember when you
    ?

Well, after playing awhile, I realized I can completely miss the new penalty sound. It may be too quiet.

14. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I found that Gleaming Cavern used to be too tough. I couldn't complete it with my party but had no trouble with the level 7 adventure(s). I've not replayed it yet but I (a) I will and (b) I support this change.
    I can't say that I ever found that the copper golems or the prison warden fight were too tough though. Difficult, yes, but not overly so.

I felt like some of the mid-level (anything up to the first appearance of trees and war monkeys actually) final fights could maybe do with being made a little more difficult. Some of the named enemies seemed like they had too few HP.

I'll also throw my hat in and say that I much preferred the old loot drop sounds. The new ones are a bit over the top in my opinion. I can't say I have any trouble with the new penalty sound though, either in terms of quality or volume, although I'd have no problem with it being made a little louder.

15. Sir Knight

Oh, right, thanks for mentioning the Warden fight again. So I just replayed that fight and noticed that the "Removed One Servant from Prison Warden" change drops it to one Servant total. The Servant is no longer a minion and may instead play multiple Raise The Alarm cards per round. Does that make the fight easier or harder?