Beta 1.30 (24 April 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This will be one of the last builds before the DB reset. Quite a bit of work on the lobby and story. Hopefully we have also fixed the erroneous server maintenance message those of you using IE8 and IE9 may have been seeing.

Multiplayer
    • Leaderboard is now an overlay rather than a new screen.
    • Added daily and weekly leaderboards.
    • Casual game create screen is now an overlay panel.
    • Don't show fixed casual game scenarios.
    • Don't show module covers in casual game create.
    • Don't leave lobby while creating casual game.
    • Animate casual game icon while waiting for casual game.
    • Cancel casual game we've created when joining ranked game queue.
    • Cancel ranked game queue requests when joining or creating a casual battle.
    • Don't show our own casual games in list of games to join.
    • Took out the new game alert pop-up.
    Registration
    • Register page clarifies that "name" is game account name.
    Pizza
    • Patch the Beta pizza SKU offers in.
    • Add acceptable use policy link to pizza menu.
    • Link to beta blog post from Beta pizza menu.
    Cards
    • Fixed Lesser Contagion Text
    • Altruism no longer triggers when being altruistic towards yourself.
    • Clarified that Inspiring Presence affects yourself.
    • Mindless Battlerage doesn't trigger on owner's death.
    • Wall of Stone blocks LOE as well as LOS (fixes not blocking rockfall effects).
    • Fixed Lunging Hack damage type
    Items
    • Made spelling of Assagai consistent.
    Campaign Story
    • Big review of the talking heads.
    • Rewrote ending.
    • Moving quest tutorial to the end (not working)
    • Changed three adventure cover names
    • Change all GM names in scenarios.xls to make sure they have the right GM
    • Added GM commentary to Yellow Dragon
    • Shortened adventure names to solve 25 digit problem
    Boards
    • Fixed some VP bugs
    Adventures
    • Added/edited lots of module covers.
    Figures
    • Use the proper 2x2 figure shadow (still requires art fixes).
    Monsters
    • Fixed Rejuvenation spelling in armored skeleton deck.
    • Fixed Fungus Warrior group name for single fungus.
    Club
    • Club item mouse over.
    Compatibility
    • Fixed erroneous server maintenance message for IE8 and IE9.
    Internal Stuff
    • Fixed some issues causing errors not to be reported properly from user editor.
    • Added name change ability to user editor.

irongamer likes this.
  2. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Good job!

EDIT: yay! password change works now!

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The casual maps are sorted by ranked and unranked I'm guessing that is just the map type right? If so that needs to be clearer as it can be read as that match being ranked if you use those maps and if it is like that it also needs to be cleared up.

4. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

Ok, let's see what's broken now :)

5. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

I'm liking the new Leaderboards.
    Additional, in MP the match seeking timer just struck 0 and nothing occurred. However, this only occurred once out of five times.

6. OOO

OOO Kobold

Funny, Altruism always worked correctly for me. :cool:

Zoorland likes this.
  7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

After more heavy testing, it appears that activating leaderboard is causing all sorts of problems thereafter. I've had disconnects, map options in casual game not loading, adventures in maps not loading etc. As long as I do a fresh login and DO not activate leaderboard, everything's dandy and as before.

8. bazzaman

bazzaman Mushroom Warrior

not able to play any camp games but can get into MP games

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
    http://live.cardhunter.com/assets/large_portraits/Dead.png?13e39f46f1d=​

http://live.cardhunter.com/assets/item_illustrations/Skill%20Martial%20Command%20B.png?13e39f46f1d=​

http://live.cardhunter.com/assets/item_illustrations/BootsEpic30.png?13e39f46f1d=​

hope this helps?

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I'm fully aware that the MP lobby is still very much a WIP. I feel this post is necessary to address the deficiencies and to prep for open beta. The below points/questions are observations from build 1.30 so far.

a) Leaderboard size cap: Top 25 ? Top 50 ? What is a decent cap ?

Suggestion: imo, top 50 max.

b) Self MP rating: It should be there somewhere in the MP lobby, either as a tooltip or a number somewhere. I should not have to be in a game to see my own rating.

Suggestion: MP rating somewhere near the central castle logo, maybe with rank. eg: rating: 1000 rank: 352th/1600

c) casual ranked maps: erm, what's the rational behind these ? Why is there a need for casual ranked maps ?

d) Players in lobby: Personally, I'm not interested in the exact ratings of players in lobby / ranked queue. But that's just me. I am, however, interested in their power levels. Current setup just shows a green man icon beside the player name. Devs get a red man, iirc.

Suggestion: change the color of the icon to reflect mp power level of player. Or just use a different icon altogether. Heck, re-use monster small portraits ? :D Dragon icons for 1300+ ? kobolds for ratings below 500 ? etc...

e) Observer: The current games do not show player ratings beside their names. Most players would be interested in games between players with high ratings and would choose to observe them.

Suggestion: append mp rating behind name --> phaselock (1000) vs Amy (800)

All suggestions above are my personal opinion and feedback. More input from testers/community would greatly help advance the design. Hope it helps. :)

10. Jon

These are great suggestions, thanks!

Platouf and Card Hunter Joe like this.
  11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Goblin king icon for me please ;P

12. Jon

BTW, "ranked" casual games are just casual games using the ranked boards. I'll try to make that clearer.

13. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

This is a bit late, but Phaselock I definitely think your on to something with the limit. Although, since we are still only in beta I would struggle to guess with any accuracy what a good number for that limit would be. Although, 50 may be exactly the number needed. Also, your miniature icon idea sounds exciting. That, I would like to see.

14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Goblin King should be somewhere around the 700+ rating. If you want it, its yours...but you must make the effort to keep that rating ;)

This just gave me a great idea for the wiki. Now I can start a page collecting the maps :)

This is me messing around using Paint for visualization testing (Not to give any pressure to devs):

[​IMG]

Looks like another set of work to get icons in. I had to reduce by 60% from original portrait size and it definitely takes more vertical room, hmm...

Kodi likes this.
  15. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

It looks so pretty! :D

16. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Hail to the king baby!