Best way to spend free Pizza?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Box, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Box

Box Kobold

So I'm sitting here at level 8 and wondering what to do with my free pizza. I hear mixed opinions regarding this, with some saying to buy starter packs and others saying to save for club membership. What's best?

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Treasure Hunts - that's 3 guaranteed epics that you can chose (depending on which ones you unlock) as well as 3 more adventures to play and gain loot from, as well as grind if needed. This is if you're interested in the single player content that is.

Unless you pay for some pizza, you'll never have enough for a sub, as that's 300 pizza - and you can only get 150 for free.

Box likes this.
  3. Box

Box Kobold

Should I be selecting specific Treasure Hunts to unlock?

4. Pengw1n

If you're a fan of adventures in general, you can pick the ones that are the most fun (ask around), or complete the campaign and see if there's any loot from any of the treasure hunts that you might need. At this rate you can probably pick the last few (depending on what you need) - there's some great items in there.

Box likes this.
  5. Box

Box Kobold

Thanks! That helps a bunch :)

6. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

150 pizza is three starter packs. That is what I would go for, worth plenty more than 3 treasure hunts, imho.

7. Stargazer86

Stargazer86 Kobold

What do you get in the starter packs anyway?

8. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

If you go to the starter shop in the multiplayer lobby, you can examine the starter sets and their contents. They have some pretty useful items that are also usable in single player after you obtain them.

9. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

if you into MP in long term than definitely the MP packs, they've got some useful stuff straight from the box, in terms of fun factor I would advise Pengwin's advice - besides, you never know, maybe Lady luck has a legendary drop waiting for you.. ;)

10. Pengw1n

Then again, with time you'll get all the loot in the game - as all drops are free. Treasure Hunts and costumes are the only things you can't get with gold or time.

/Sage Advice

11. Melzas

Melzas Kobold

Sadly I spent my free pizza as it gave it to me, somehow not considering I could save it. All except the 40 for a treasure hunt which I'm just gonna save and buy a high level one.

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here are the answers I got when I asked during beta:
    https://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/favorite-treasure-hunt.3263/

And then I bought and played them all. In the end, I enjoyed Batford the most. I think only the Woodhome ones do not have unique enemies.

13. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

If you're planning on putting any money into the game, get all the treasure hunts and club membership for a month.

14. Box

Box Kobold

Mainly, I'm looking to use only the free pizza, though I think I'd be okay with putting in 10 bucks for an additional 330 Pizza

This gives me a grand total of 480 pizza to use, which covers all 9 treasure hunts and 2 MP Starters. This means I'll probably unlock 2 Packs and 1 Treasure Hunt first, then the rest of the hunts when I decide to spend money. How does that sound?

15. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Since you get a rebate when getting all the treasure hunts at once, that might be something to keep in mind. Also, the starter pack for $25 seems good value to me.

Edit: Oops, wrong price.

16. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

If you just want the most loot, I'd do one month of club membership and as many treasure hunts as you can buy with what's left over.

17. Box

Box Kobold

A rebate? How so?

18. Pengw1n

All treasure hunts in 1 go - 25% off, meaning 330 pizza. All paid one at a time - 40x11 - 440.

19. Box

Box Kobold

Ah! I see. So effectively I'm good for 3 Starter Packs and the full Treasure Hunt suite if I just spend $10? That's good to know!

Is Club Membership really that worthwhile?

20. Pengw1n

IF you get the all the treasure hunts, a club membership would guarantee you an extra epic for all those maps - as well as extra guaranteed rarity drops from mp chests. And then any extra random drops from regular runs et c.