Asymmetrical League Map

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Stexe, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Hey, I've been working on an idea of having an asymmetrical league map where you play each side of the asymmetry at once. This is my first exploration into the idea with "Chupa Chase"!

The objective is to either hunt down the enemy's Chupacabra or get your Chupacabra to the VP spot (using Flight Aura). You can also attack the hunters with your Chupa's, but usually it is a losing proposition (especially against the Dwarf that can attack multiple times on a turn).

The goal in my design was:
    • Create an asymmetrical game where you have to focus on two things at once
    • Have it fast paced with interesting decisions and mind games
    • Reduce variance and luck from pre-constructed leagues
    This is my 6th iteration and I'll probably need more testing (and have the card Maze Of The Mind fixed so it does not work across boards which can get weird). But let me know what you think. No clue on the overall balance, but my last few games had it feel pretty close balance wise.

I have another one similar to this but more complex in the works as well, but I figured I'd finish this first.

Any and all feedback is welcome!

[​IMG]

=)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  2. Stexe

Did some major playtesting with "Maniafig" and "amoth" where we uncovered a few edge case scenarios that can result in the map becoming a stalemate. Trying on working for a fix for it, so right now the current version is outdated. I'll have a new version up when I can figure out a good solution to the problems.

Also, thanks again to all my playtesters!

Flaxative and Maniafig like this.
  3. Stexe

Okay, fixed it up and changed a few things.

There is still the known bug of Maze of the Mind working across the boards, but I'll have to ask Jon for a fix for that.

I'm still working on a few minor tweaks to the terrain, but I'm like 90% done I think unless something major comes along. Definitely want feedback on the map and what you think can be improved.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Putting another 3 rows of blank space between the boards will fix that. It will be harder to see both boards at once, but at least you'll know that Maze can't reach across.

5. Stexe

Yeah, that's my fall back plan if Jon says he can't / won't fix it.

6. Stexe

Split the boards apart a bit more (3 space in between for the "Lesser Maze Of The Mind" card option) and reduced the length by 3.

This should lead to a tighter more interesting game. Additionally, I changed the "end zone" blocking terrain to make it more difficult for the Chupas to be hit, but still possible with a few movements.

Would love if people tested it and gave feedback! The updated card list version will be tested later on, but if you have any feedback on this so far let me know.