Any interesting party recommendation?

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by JasonKai, Apr 20, 2015.

1. JasonKai

JasonKai Kobold

So, my original party consist a dwarf warrior, human wizard and a human priest.
    This party was here since my the beginning, but I think it is time to leave my comfort zone and try something new and interesting. So I wonder is there any effective, fun and unique party I could pull off?

BTW, this is my current build:
    -The sprinting Dwarf Warrior-
    Flimsy Rapier
    Petochl's Sword
    Crimson Morningstar
    Aegis Of The Defender
    Shifty Skin Hat
    Plates Of Ixicha
    Crafted Monkey Boots
    Novice Ferocity
    Angry Attacker
    -The ThunderStorm Wizard-
    Mighty Sparkping Staff
    Overloaded Staff
    Orzo's Excellent Wand
    Stone Of Shards
    Round Jade Stone
    Flicker's Earcuff
    Coatl Robes
    Jackrabbit Boots
    Inspired Command
    Superb Electromancy
    -The frenzied Human Priest-
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike
    Demon's Golden Blade
    Cherry Shield
    Burnished Plates
    Jackrabbit Boots
    Hand Of Melvelous
    Blessed Demon Claw
    Twilight Talisman
    Trainee Command
    Superb Healer

2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I can't speak to your warrior or priest, as I don't use them, but Boltswap Robes would like be a better choice that Coatl Robes. I'd take the two Force Bolts over Little Zaps almost always. Control is often a better choice for your arcane items than damage as well. Get a Mindsplinter Staff over the Overloaded Staff when you can if you want to stick with the Sparkping Wizard.

But don't be afraid of a trait like Squeamish....if you use linears and bursts on your wizard. They may not have the instant pop of a 9-damage Obliterating Spark, but they can hit more than one opponent at once, and since you aren't targeting anyone with those attacks (you are targeting an area or a line), Squeamish becomes nothing more (in approximately 29 times out of 30), a card that lets you cycle the deck and draw another card with no discernible drawback. Every once in a while, you will only have a 2 or 3 point damage card, with an opponent that only has 1 point of life left, and you won't be able to do anything, and you may lose because of it. However, no deck will win 100% of the time, and you will always have weaknesses. If you understand that, you'll get better at this game quicker than you think.

Just my insights on your wizard. I hope they help.

3. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

It looks like you've got a pretty limited collection. I would focus less on trying to make interesting builds and more on replacing the sub par items. For now, think about what kind of characters you want want to build and start acquiring the items for them. You won't be able to build anything new or interesting overnight.

For the sprinting dwarf I would upgrade the weapons immediately. No point in ambushing the other team only to tickle them to death. That means you need the full 6 tokens for weapons or really good low cost options like Blazing Shortsword or Maquah Of Ancient Blood. That also means you'll need to find good tokenless armor and skills. Tokens for the boots are a must. I'd go with Crazy Fast Boots. Yes, Trip screws you over sometimes and you can't use step attacks for a turn but you've got 2 human characters to run cards like Dash, Team! that get around it.

The other two characters look like they'll be pretty standard if you swap out the bad items. I would either try to get Perfect Command or Command to really get your dwarf going.

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.