Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Reminds me of Buckler of Protection(having 2/3s of the cards being the same is risky)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    From the live equipment database:
    1726,Buckler of Protection,,Rare,16,9,16,1,-1,Defender's Block,Jarring Block,Lifesaving Block,,,,,,,,Shield,,BucklerProtection,,0,,

2. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Fine. It's changed again.
    I hope I can stop. Soon it won't fit the name anymore.

3. BrockRitcey

BrockRitcey War Monkey

It's the same card but is used on items. The Scared little monkey would fit the suit better.

4. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

It's sad that most items that use flavour card, with the same function of normal cards would be disqualified just because "it's a monster card".

5. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

That's exactly why I asked. You started with SLM, MD x2. Now, it's Fright, MD x2. When I saw your item, I didn't really expect it'd be contest-viable since it had 3/3 monster cards, but I hit Like anyway because at least it originally had a tight theme (and those cards *are* pretty comparable to player cards although Monkey Dodge is strictly better than Dodge). Now, it .. just .. pales in comparison.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Pretty sure that is the safest way to please. Take an existing item and exchange 1 card or multiple cards with other cards that do about the same.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  7. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

My therapist told me to use coping mechanisms so I'm going to imagine you as a crabby parrot that wants a different cracker flavor.

CT5, ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The monster versions of Dodge are the same as Dodge used to be before it was nerfed. It was nerfed because it was entirely too effective for a player's card. (Too much card advantage.) I kind of doubt BM will want it to return in un-nerfed form.
    Is that what a coping mechanism is? :oops: I thought it was the type of saw I was to use on my adversaries. I loved the way it cut so slowly and precisely. Bummer. I'll have to revise my methods. Anyone need 200 pounds of quicklime?

timeracers and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  9. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Names can always be changed. That's in the rules and everything.

And 14? I was thinking 18-42.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I wish all submissions had to state item lvl and rarity.

Harvet and Pawndawan like this.
  11. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Well, on one character anyway,

Smoke on the Water x2 -> Smoke Bomb x6
    Smoke Pin x4 -> Smoke Bomb x8
    no Smoke Bomb on Boots, racial skills, nor Arcane Skill
    no tokens left (in current MP levels) for Smoke Bomb on Robe (Smoke Robe being the only one with the card, and it takes a major token)
    no tokenless Arcane Item with Smoke Bomb
    no one/zero token Staff with Smoke Bomb

Smoke Bomb x42 really doesn't seem to leave any room for a team to .. win ..

gulo gulo likes this.
  12. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

So true... card images AND linked card names to wiki as well. I like to check for existing items before liking the submission.

Sir Veza, seth arue and Robauke like this.
  13. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Ah. Well you're right, I wasn't aware of that rule and that's reasonable enough as a practical way to keep untested submissions from screwing things up too much. Still, I'm going to leave my submission as-is, even if it has no chance of winning. It's the only thing I want that doesn't involve killing (Valenzik would not approve). Maybe if I keep raising the issue someone will eventually pay attention to it.

14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

False monster cards are not banned but are generally risky(monster cards are balanced to be player cards so they may not be balanced in addition to other stuff)

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I could make a thread which copies all the submission from the submission thread and add level, rarity and more. If this post gets enough likes I will do it. Note: I will not copy all items with custom cards.

EDIT: I will move this post to the AA discussion thread.
    PS: All these AA threads makes proper replying to posts harder

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    seth arue and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Nah, don't bother. It would be nice 2 have directly there, don't know if would consult/appreciate an extra thread.

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If you don't submit that, I might. I'd call it Blind Healing.

ParodyKnaveBob and seth arue like this.
  18. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

No no, Blind Faith!

19. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

20. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I liked it, but I think it's too powerful for AA item. I don't think BM will print double Jump, Soldier! item without thoroughly testing it and probably making it a major token item.