Acid Leak

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by WexMajor, Dec 8, 2016.

1. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

So, fire has bonus damage and bypass armor, electricity has bonus damage, arcane has hard to block.

Why acid has DAMAGE YOUR OWN TEAM?

Doesn't seem a little underwelming?
    Acid leak is plainly not usable. If it leaked acid only on enemies, that would be a good card, right now it's rubbish.

2. I can see it being usable, if your positioning is good before you use the acid attacks and if you have move cards. That's a big if though.

3. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

The point is: if you use it early to move away from it, the enemy will have move cards too.
    If you use it late you risk being on acid. The worst time, i got halted on a patch of my acid at the start of the next turn.
    It has some balancing issues.

4. hello world

hello world Hydra

Flaxative likes this.
  5. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I don't get it

6. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Because Hex Of Dissolution doesn't care where the acid from Leak is, and Acid Leak can easily help fill a board enough for Hex to deal lots of damage.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I understand that, but fot it to be working well enough, it needs some better itemization.
    That was the point of giving acid leak to the mage in the first place, but it pales in front of the bonuses the other elements get (cold still got nothing).

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Acid Leak is fine in SP, but I wouldn't use it in MP.

WexMajor likes this.
  9. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Cooling Laser would like to say otherwise

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  10. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Caustic Pain x2
    Focused Corrosion
    ....not good enough for you?

11. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Nope. It's legendary; hex of dissolution is on too few cards to be relevant.
    It should be on some trinkets too.
    Also, no traits for cold.

And this is off topic.
    So, won't a slight change on card text make it more playable?

12. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Well, I wouldn't be opposed to Leak putting acid terrain on a random unoccupied square that has no terrain...but I'm not sure people would like that, either.

WexMajor likes this.
  13. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I personally would welcome this change with open arms. This change would make AL playable even on PvP.
    At least you won't do self damage!

14. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

IMHO Staff Of Dissolution seems VERY synergistic with Acid Leak and vice versa.

15. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Not that Sparks are on any Arcane Items, either, despite some of them being 2 damage. On the other hand, you can get lots more Acid cards (and Acid terrain) on Arcane Items, further upping your staves' Hexes.

16. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Yeah, maybe you are right.
    I am still gonna be mad the next time my wizard creates a pool of acid beneath my armored warrior out of moves, though.