Acid Leak says it attaches "Acid Blast card" to a square.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by hwango, Nov 1, 2016.

1. hwango

hwango Hydra

Acid Leak says "When you play an acid card, create and attach an Acid Blast card to a random occupied square." We don't actually attach cards to squares, though. Should this not say "a random occupied square becomes acid terrain, duration 2" instead, which is more what Acid Blast says it does? Or possibly something about creating the Acid Blast card and it targeting a random occupied square, if you really want the square to identify as having come from Acid Blast for bookkeeping. Regardless, right now the wording doesn't make sense.

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Actually it does what it says, it magically creates a card out of thin air and places it on an occupied space making no additional copies, and when it expires it is destroyed and removed from game. Though it could attach any acid terrain card and it would work, but not itself since it isn't a terrain. #NotABug

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. hwango

hwango Hydra

I'm not sure I understand - no other card I can find talks about attaching a card to a square. Cards attach to characters, whereas squares become terrain. I just feel like the wording here is inconsistent.

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I believe this is the only card attaches another card to a tile, kinda like Boo! attaches another card (fright) to the target. Most of the cards that attach stuff to the tile only attaches 1 different thing, while acid leak attaches 2 different things. 1st to the character, 2nd "acid blasts" to the tiles affected.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We just haven't printed an effect like this before. The cards that state what a square becomes are attached to that square, hence how they can be removed by cleansing cards (which all refer to cards attached to squares).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob and wereviper like this.
  6. hwango

hwango Hydra

Okay, my apologies then.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

So when processing terrain effects, the game has to look at the attached card, and not the terrain type (decal image)?

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, the card determines the effect and decal image. In theory we could have two different effects that look the same on the board but we don't do that :)

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

What I was getting at, would it be hard to change it so the card determines the decal, and the decal determines the effect (while remembering which card created it in case a player clicks on it)?

Or would it be easier to have WhenAttachedToCharComponent and WhenAttachedToTileComponent?

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, and I'm not sure why we would do that since we're consistent as is.

11. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

You can always peek at the cards attached to the board. If I recall, right click, Ctrl+click, and mouse-wheel-up will each take a look. This way you can tell whether e.g. the Lava terrain comes from Hot Spot, Wall Of Fire, or Meltdown -- which definitely tells you the differences in Duration remaining, and often conveys enough info to know which player laid it down.