A questions about skills

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by mrjane, Sep 16, 2013.

1. mrjane

mrjane Kobold

So, I just got a martial skill. It says it will add 2 damage to any Bash attack. What's a bash attack? I found lots of crushing and piercing attacks, but nothing that says bash. Are crushing and bashing the same thing? If so, why aren't they just called the same thing? Are there more than one type of bash attacks?

Thanks for help.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I believe all current Bash attacks have the Slide Back keyword printed on them - an example of a Bash could look like this.

Edited for clarification after checking some stuff.

3. mrjane

mrjane Kobold

Well thank you. I guess I just don't have any bash cards yet. I have seen that one used though.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Simple Bash counts as one too. That's pretty easy to come by, so it's a multi-card-spanning trait based around card names in this case.

5. Jotun

Jotun Mushroom Warrior

You should, they are very common. Anything that has the words bash as part of its name counts. Weak _, strong _, etc.

the same situation applies to chop.

6. tempo

tempo Kobold

A Bash attack is an attack with the word "Bash" in its name. I was a little bit confused by this at first too. When I first started, I thought cards with "Bludgeon" in their name, or those that did smashing damage, were also considered Bash attacks but they're not. I interpreted it that way because I had a martial skill that improved penetrating damage cards, but such cards didn't all have the same name, so I didn't think the name was important.