A button to hide equipped items from Multiplayer when in Single Player

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by TomT, Dec 19, 2013.

1. TomT

TomT Kobold

{SUGGESTION} (Sorry couldn't change topic header)

Hi all, I'm new to the game and love it so far.

I've been playing the Single Player game mostly so far. At a point it made me create a Multiplayer team in case I want to play multiplayer. That's cool. Problem is when I went back to play Single Player and went to the store, I had a bazillion items in my inventory all of a sudden because it shows the items that are equipped to my multiplayer player guys as available.

My issue is when I get new loot from the single player game that I want to sell, it gets mixed in with all the multiplayer items and I don't remember what I can sell or not sell? I don't want to accidentally sell an item my multiplayer character has equipped but there's no way to tell in the single player game if the item in my inventory is just extra or equipped in multi...

I see there's a used/unused button in the store but when I go to the store in multiplayer and hit the same used/unused button there's different items that show up?!?

So long story short there should be a "hide all equipped" that hides items equipped to both Single AND multiplayer characters so I know I can freely sell those items without screwing over a character in multi.

Maybe just have a tag or identifier when you mouse over an item in your inventory it tells you if it's equipped by a multiplayer character.

No one has brought this up before?

Tom :)

2. Mosalla

Mosalla Orc Soldier

You do not want to sell the items you don't use now as you would like to use many of them in future. Even if they seem weak at first glance. There is no such thing as mixing items from MP and SP as both belong to same pool and same item can be got here or there. But yes, some people already suggested that it would be nice to sort items by date too. This way you could check all recent items and sell only these. I am not very fond of that idea because it can lead to easy mistakes but I can understand the situation when people repeat one mission over and over and get tons of bad items they would like to get rid of. Such date/time filter would help there.

You can save/restore many builds both for SP and MP, so there is no *safe* way to say that such and such item is not used anywhere really. It could be unused in current MP or SP build, but used in another stored before.

I have already suggested a bit similar idea which helps to sell excess of items you are sure you would never ever need. It is much safer, especially for new players. Here: https://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/suggestion-useless-overflow-items-filter.4789/

3. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

There is. Click on the "All" button on top of your inventory.
    - When it says "Usable", it shows only the items you can equip on the PC right now. This will hide all high-level MP items you can't use yet.
    - When it says "Unused", it shows only items that are not equipped on any party member, SP or MP. This is what you are looking for.
    - When it says "New" (only for shop inventory) it only displays items you don't have yet.

Anyhow, as Mosalla explained, there is only one item pool. Some of the MP items will be too powerful right now, but sooner or later you will start using them in SP too. But even at high levels, you still need to equip non-token items, so keep them. You'll also need all those items with black drawback cards later (trust me on this, you'll see).

TL;DR: Don't sell items of unless you have at least three, even if you think "I'll never use that!" right now. For some, like many weapons, arcane and divine items, you'll want to keep 6 or even more.

Not since last week. :cool:

Can we add this to the FAQ?

4. TomT

TomT Kobold

Thanks!