[1650] Scampering 1-1-1 Elves with focus on Range 4

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by doublequartz, May 24, 2021.

1. doublequartz

doublequartz Lizardman Priest

Papillae
    Level 21 Elf Warrior

Letales
    Level 8 Elf Wizard

Mortuis
    Level 21 Elf Priest
    Note: You won't see me playing with these character names because I'm lazy and I don't like having to change back the names upon switching to different party, or having more characters to scroll through. Also, sorry for having terrible sense of humor.

At the start of the month, I looked at the maps, and played them few times with my other builds. Soon, I observed myself wind up particularly often at 4 squares away from my opponent. So, I tried to fill my deck with Range 4 cards to take advantage of it.

I also observed that there were not many elves in the metagame. That made me decide to use the underused Elvish Scamper. Superb Evasion was the obvious choice, but then I saw Advanced Evasion as well as Nimble Scouting, and they seemed arguably better.

Punishing Bolt, Spark of Undeath, Ancient Grudge... These cards always had tempting combo potential. These combo are, however, quite fragile as well, and backfires as often as they work. This party tries to deal with that problem by having plenty of escape options, multiple ways to win, and by not necessary needing all the cards for the combo to work.

Even so, that was not enough for this party to work. Elves themselves, just like the combo, were too fragile. To partly make up for their low HP, the priest was given team-wide heals, which I hopefully make maximum use of by swapping my characters in and out.
    At first, he had 2 Vankenstein's Pillars and 3 Auric Charms, but I wanted 4 copy each of Spark of Undeath and team-wide heal. to accomplish this target, I had to tinker with him a lot.

The wizard used to have 2 Silverfire Vials. As novel as she looked, I eventually had to swap them out for Asmod's.

The warrior changed a lot throughout the month, and is probably still not optimal. She tried Zoltan's Laser Scourge, Reaper's Scythe, Double-Edged Sword, Crazy Sal's Creeper, and others, but ultimately settled for more defensive loadout. I still feel like wanting more damage. Purging Strike's utility in particular make it difficult to play another double major token weapon, since the priest definitely can't fit any purges.

Now, as long as they don't get killed early by surprise, this party can prove remarkably tenacious. For elven standard, anyway.

I reached 1650 with this build in Tezkal PVP Maps.

Last edited: May 24, 2021