[Guild] The Cult of Ironwood

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by gulo gulo, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Aren't you winning half your matches?

2. He's just on an unlucky streak right now and is probably playing on tilt. A few days to clear his head and he should be good as new.

3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I am at 47%, which is the lowest percentage I've ever had recorded.

Something is wrong, and I can't figure it out; normally, it's fun for me to tinker about to stay above 50%. This time, nothing works, it's dropped below 50%, and I keep being matched against the same type of party, which is also the one that decimates me.

Well, one time there was a streak of different parties: when I was matched against five or six above 1650 opponents. In a row. That didn't help matters either, haha.

This doesn't feel like something that will be fixed by some moments of clarity. Perhaps, but I'm very much doubting it.

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

So to understand, your guild involvement keeps you from playing or at least dampers your fun? When i diagnose a guild member with "contribution fright" and my reassurances fail, i ultimately set them free, because i can't stand the thought that the guild is stressing them instead of being an incentive. If that is the case, let it go for your own good. You can separate administration to an alternate account if you want to keep that function.

5. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Thanks for the insight, but the guild contribution in an unfortunate result of my confounding play at this time. The situation in general would be the same in a guild or guildless.

I want to play and contribute to my guild, however, I feel it will be better for my guild in the short- and long-term if I suspend or greatly reduce my play for the foreseeable future. That's all.

6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Everyone, good looking play out there today. It's definitely showing on the leader board. Keep it up!
    AFTR, I have only reduced my play, not suspended it. The tales of a full sabbatical on my part are greatly exaggerated.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

7. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

The WOOD Alliance is just about complete, as @Magic Elves has finally entered into The Cult of Ironwood.

I'm still waiting to hear from guild members on the topics I brought up with the Citajul stats:
    • requiring guild members to have a forum account so we can contact each other when needed
    • Having a group of stock, stable builds to use while looking at new monthly maps
    • Teaming up successful and struggling members to work on builds and practice
    • what to do with inactive members (NEW ADDITION)
    Get back to me, either here or in PM, if you have thought about these. Thanks, Ironwood.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto and Flaxative like this.
  8. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

It's great to be here! I hope to eventually finish the piece of art I started ages ago to commemorate the event.

As for the list of points my opinions are:

• Not required but would definitely be reccomended
    • Probably a good idea if we're really pushing for victory
    • I love this idea and would be glad to help anyone who asks for it!
    • Case-by-case basis.

FrigusMacto and gulo gulo like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I have some tech to share with the Cult of Ironwood, specifically... but I wonder if we can set up some kind of exchange. Let me know if you're interested.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

We always welcome an exchange of ideas and camaraderie with fellow masters of the arcane arts. I am also open to parleying with you in regards to this stated exchange.

(Also, thank you Elves for answering; I think 2 and 3 are the biggest points to address, to be honest.)

11. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

So Magic Elves is now calling the shots, and first order of business are shady deals with representatives of other guilds? Noted.

FrigusMacto and Magic Elves like this.
  12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

We only let Magic Elves think they are calling the shots.

13. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

I will try to log in the forums more frequently. I would also like to welcome Magic Elves to our guild.
    On another note, i couldn't help but notice that Frigus is no longer a member. This is suprising since he was one of the most loyal members as far as i knew, did something happen that we should know, or was it a personal choice?

14. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I do not know, as he did not inform me of the reasons behind his leaving. Regardless, we thank him for his time in Ironwood, and extend an always-open invitation for his return, if he so desires.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

15. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

We welcome a former Forest Wizard, F8al, to The Cult of Ironwood. We hope he is able to help us continue to make our push to the top of guild listings.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

16. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I think the Wood Alliance is complete now, as @Ineptie has joined the Ironwood. I am sure this will be a welcome addition, and one that will help propel us up the charts to a higher spot than we are at now.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Haha, again at the beginning of the season, we have the most wins and the least amount of points. Which basically means non-guild matches mean nothing the grand scheme of things, and blitzes in non-guild matches don't hurt us that much, and in fact, might be helpful, as they allow you to get to another match more quickly. I've got to think about this hypothesis a little more.

I'll try to get to the August stats soon, but I'm more busy in life now, and if no one is using them, there's probably no need. As no one ever posts about them, I'm questioning the value. Let me hear what you think, Ironwood.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

18. Ineptie

Ineptie Mushroom Warrior

Hello guildies, sorry for no seeing this before, i'm not really active on forums. I'm having a blast playing in the new meta though (i believe it is much healthy at least at my level), so do ring me if you want to chat / train / play Co-Op. The better way to find me is on steam : Add Ineptie (add a message to identify yourself, I have some random spam bots adding me lately). I hope to see you ingame !

gulo gulo likes this.
  19. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Back after a solitary journey of contemplation, the Cult welcomes back the DEATH LION, @FrigusMacto
    In other news, we are pushing for a top-5 spot, so keep up the good work everyone!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto, Magic Elves and Sir Veza like this.
  20. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ironwood, I am looking at the Septemcan results, and we took 5th, our first pizza placing. You guild leader sealed up that place for everyone with a last-minute blitz to put us up two over the extremely formidable BEERBARIANS.

It's very nice to see. I'm really proud of all of you. I know who the pizza is going to already, and it should not be a surprise.

Sniffy. The. Rat.
    What a competitor.
    Month in, month out, the Snifter destroys all in their path, and racks up the guild points. 1st in Septemcan, but in the top 5 in contribution in the last four months.
    What an example for all of us to emulate.

I wish the Snifter was on the forums to bask in their excellence, but this will have to do. Not sure if this month will be Octover again, but let's improve on what we did this month. Let's bring the pizza back to everyone in Cardhuntria!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.